Why could Roshi evaporate the moon instantly but Frieza had to destroy Namek's core and wait 5 minutes despite being...

Why could Roshi evaporate the moon instantly but Frieza had to destroy Namek's core and wait 5 minutes despite being hunfreds of times stronger?

Attached: WaAthyC.gif (400x300, 897.64K)

namek is bigger than the moon

But is it hundreds of times bigger? Because logcially it would need to be for Frieza to fail at destroying it.

Frieza held back.

Attached: 5176545-2101226222-5176260-2793406294-proxy.jpg (640x960, 187.62K)

>hundreds of times
IDK how big Namek is but the moon is only about a quarter of the size and gravity of the Earth.

I would assume they're just different techniques. Frieza's technique was probably meant to corrupt and rot away the core of the planet until it explodes and he probably did it that way out of hubris because he wanted that five minutes (several episodes) to continue fighting Goku.

Really though, the true answer to every question about continuity in Dragon Ball is that Toriyama forgot.

>Goku punishes bad guys by using his power pole to put them on the moon
>Master Roshi blows up the moon later
>no one cares.

because the anime started to spread the story thin for more profit and to stay behind the manga. frieza arc is 70 episodes long when it should have been 20 at the longest

thread fucking over

>20
Next you'll say, "i was only pretending to be retarded"

no I'm right, there's 2 minutes of plot at most per episode

Because dragon ball power level scaling is highly inconsistent and stupid because everything about Dragon Ball is highly inconsistent and stupid
Vegeta could already blow up planet at power level 19 000; there is no excuse except that it's stupid.

if blowing up a planet is such a big deal how come you can outclass it just by lifting weights at 1000x gravity, shouldn't it be like 1000000000x?

The more important question is, why is this technique never seen again OR HELL passed down? Seems like some serious hardcore shit especially for team fights.

Attached: main-qimg-d620eaf332aaf3744344b1097b0949de-lq.jpg (602x452, 42.16K)

It switched genres, so the universe started working under different rules.

Pretty sure he used it again in Super

Vegeta could blow a planet up before he ever fought goku.

Yeah after the other user sperged out at me, and deleted his post for some reason, I educated myself and yeah, it's used quite often in Super even.

Because Freeza miscalculated. I think Freeza wanted to destroy Namek but also give it just enough time so that he could defeat Goku first. I don't think he intended to kill Goku, instead he probably wanted to cripple Goku and force him to count the seconds to his inevitable demise.

Remember, Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta pretty easily, so destroying a planet probably isn't difficult at all for him in and of itself. It's specifically fucking up a planet so hard that it won't explode IMMEDIATELY, but will in a couple minutes that's difficult. Freeza probably never did it before so he dramatically underestimated how much time it would take for a planet the size of Namek to explode.

super is non cannon though. basically fan fiction.

Isn't Namek a super-terrestrial world twice the size of Earth or more?

Whoa there, it's not that bad, you're pushing into BNHA and Black Clover territory saying stuff like that.

Toriyama said they're floating in space back when Roshi first blew up the moon ding dong