Why does Any Forums hate male "self-inserts" so much but seems to be fine with female "self-inserts"? I mean...

Why does Any Forums hate male "self-inserts" so much but seems to be fine with female "self-inserts"? I mean, when was the last time you saw people here complaining about Gou from Free or Yuu from Love Live? Meanwhile people here complain about the dude from Lycoris Recoil or Andrew from LWA.

Attached: 1436250622496.jpg (1280x1024, 170.52K)

>Any Forums is one person

We're all dudes, so seeing a female self insert just makes it a normal story for us.
Seeing male self inserts is annoying since that has come to mean that the protagonist doesn't have any interesting writing.

because Any Forums is male, female self inserts are just characters to us because we don't perceive them as self inserts?

What exactly is a "self-insert" and how does one self-insert into a character?

gosh, this really makes you think, doesn't it?

Attached: really makes one think.jpg (1024x576, 77.66K)

You're either a newfag or a gaslighting troon.

I think the interesting thing is that you see more males complaining about males in anime than females complaining about females in anime. I mean, fujos never even gave a flying fuck about the girls from Free or Tsurune, but males get living whenever males show up in shows like Yuru Camp, Gochiusa, and so on.

Incels trying to act like they're not incels
It's a weird thing
They hate themselves and they hate womens too but they hide it

I've been on Any Forums since before tourists even coined the term "troon" (and I know it's a tourist term because it's a combination of "tranny" and "goon" from SomethingAwful).

>females complaining about females in anime
girls complain about way more than guys and a lot more picky in general, idk where you're getting this idea from

Self inserting into a character usually means that you internally see a character as yourself in the story.
Making a self insert is like writing a horoscope. You write some generic nonsense of a character hoping that enough people in your target audience can be like "woah... he's just like me..." and thus they can passively RP that the guy onscreen drowning in pussy is himself
>I'm just a normal high school "mob" who plays video games, makes average grades and reads light novels, but suddenly the prettiest girl in school has fallen in love with me!

Only when it’s bland undeserving deadbeat faggots like the one in Engage Kiss.

*get livid

They exist but that tends to be more limited to the extreme fujos that even other fujos stay away from. By contrast it seems to be generally more common for males to hate males appearing in anime than females hating females appearing in anime.

I've seen people complaining about shotas, fathers, and brothers (young and old). It seems they just simply hate dudes no matter the context.

>people here complain about the dude from Lycoris Recoil
Are you paying attention to the falseflagging shitposter again, or what?

idk if that's true, there's a lot more guys talking about it here and in general so you pretyt much only see one side, but girls are a lot more critical when it comes to that I think

I gave Lycoris as an example but it wasn't the only example. I mean, look how much Any Forums hates Andrew from LWA.

I mean, the number of women that complain about women is much smaller in proportion to the rest of the female fanbase even if those female complainers can be as bad or even worse than their male counterparts. Meanwhile, anti-male sentiments seem to be generally more common among the fame fanbase.

Basically, vocal anti-women female fans are an extremely vocal minority, whereas their male counterparts, while probably still a vocal minority, make up a larger proportion. Think the difference between 5% and 25%. Both are still minorities, but one minority is smaller than the other.

Cause Any Forums is majority male (except maybe /s4s/) and so we don't tend to watch shit targeted towards girls with obvious self inserts for them?

Also because there seems to be a way higher incidence of egregiously overpowered Gary Stu type self inserts due to how many occur in shonens or isekais, while female ones tend to occur in more muted settings like shoujos (i recognise the irony here don't worry) and slice of lifes, thus mitigating potential for poor writing to REALLY show.

Also because I personally am tired of the comparison being made between me and these borderline sex offender KHV cucks.

You know its self insert when the mc achieve things impossible for him but change nothing after that

I think it can be out-of-place to have m*l*s in moe or lesbian-focused manga. I wouldn't complain if it's a battle shonen or the likes.

>Gou from Free
Last I checked, even girls generally don't like the token girl getting in the way of the BL.

I don't. It's almost always retarded when one of the sexes just stop existing if the setting isn't very restricted to a few places.

>Yuu from Love Live
Let me guess, you think she's a self-insert because her name is You. There's a world of difference between protagonist and self-insert.

I was talking about Yuu from Nijigasaki