Now that most shows have at least one episode out, how are you liking the current season?

Now that most shows have at least one episode out, how are you liking the current season?

Attached: summer-2022.jpg (1920x4294, 3.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L5sNq0HpHuE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Better than spring and winter.

not great

Still waiting on shows to even fucking start

i dont even feel like watching any of these shows, ill just keep going on shakugan no shana.

pretty shit honestly, I already feel like dropping half the shows I've picked up.

I've watched and enjoyed MiA and Tokyo Mew Mew, which is 2 more than most seasons the past few years.
I'll watch Jashin once I'm caught up and Extreme Hearts if there's any nod to Nanoha in it.

Out of the 7 shows I've checked out I liked all of them so far
>Lycoris Recoil
Cute girls shooting people. Somehow didn't get postponed despite Abe. My biggest complaint so far is just that one of the characters uses magic non-lethal bullets, I wish she had to cleverly use conventional weapons to achieve non-lethal takedowns instead.
>Yurei Deco
Artstyle can be a bit much at times but I like the premise. It's basically Zucc's wet dream but a bit less nightmarish.
>Prima Doll
Such a disgustingly cute show it's almost guaranteed to turn into a despair rollercoaster, especially with the war focused setting.
>Made in Abyss S2
It's just more of MiA, except I like it slightly less now because I read the manga and I keep comparing the two.
>Yofukashi no Uta
Vamp girl is cute, mostly I liked the art, editing and especially the soundtrack. Gives it a super comfy nighttime feeling. Hope it can keep it up.
>Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru
Mainly picked it up because it's based on something from the kunnyitchi author, even though I'm not really into romcoms I'm enjoying the two leads a lot so far.
>Bucchigire!
Most overlooked show so far in my opinion, it's not amazing but it's got an interesting premise and artstyle and fairly good animation. Some of the editing is kinda off though. Also the OP and ED songs are fucking great.

>Overlord
No lizard sex or retarded side character plots in sight, so off to a better start than S2 and S3

>Classroom of the Elite
The studio who transformed the shit LN/Manga into the masterpiece that is S1 has returned and looks to be as good as ever

>Made in Abyss
Piss, Shit, Vomit, Child Rape, and Furryism in the first episode. In other words: situation absolutely normal.

best season of the year so far
also this

Attached: 1646315664757.jpg (1920x1080, 242.7K)

Early impression is that it doesnt feel as good as Winter or Spring. Spring was exceptional this year, so winter is really the benchmark and its not measuring up well.

What did you like that much in spring?

Meh

So far I currently like:
>Lycoris Recoil
>Made in Abyss S2
>Yurei Deco
>Classroom of the Elite
>Hoshi no Samidare
>Isekai Ojisan

Watching hoping it gets better
>Engage Kiss
>Prima Doll
>RWBY
>Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru
>Bucchigire!
>Yofukashi no Uta
>Warau arsnotoria Sun

Watching and doubt it will get better/probably Dropping
>Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Moto Kano datta
>Extreme Hearts
>Kinsou no Vermeil

Attached: [SubsPlease] Hoshi no Samidare - 01 (1080p) [CACF3246].mkv00_22_27.681.jpg (1920x1080, 397.52K)

>really enjoying
Abyss - kind of weird that they're having wife's story parallel with Riko's, but no major cuts from what I recall and the visuals have been well-executed.
Lycoris - I haven't been in the threads for this since the first key visual so I have no idea what the consensus is, but I'm liking it.

>enjoying
Bucchigire - staff looked like shit, but the first episode was better than expected despite being mostly setup.
Kamikuzu Idol - it's fun, even if the cg looks like a show from ten years ago.
Yurei Deco - neat setup for a mystery with a unique style, but could fall apart like many originals do.

>might drop
Luminous Witches - pretty generic first episode, could easily shape up or fall apart in the next couple of episodes.
Warau Arsnotoria Sun - the first episode was a whole lot of nothing with a couple minutes teasing something interesting, but I didn't find it unenjoyable. Once the plot starts up I'll see how I feel.
Prima Doll - basically the same as Arsnotoria but with a lot of forced drama.

>already dropped
Engage Kiss - put together well enough, but just didn't click with me. I like blue girl's sense of style, though.
Extreme Hearts - again, nothing obviously wrong but nothing obviously right.
Teppen - the funniest part about this show was that it got hit with Nice Boat while LycoReco and Engage didn't.

>hasn't aired
Shine Post - some good staff on it, but I'm not expecting much.

The only other thing I'm interested in for now is Shadows House, only to see how they course correct after accidentally fucking up the entire plot with the original ending last season. I'll probably just look up the episode discussion to see what they do.

Attached: [SubsPlease] Warau Arsnotoria Sun! - 01 (720p) [6340B286]-#5.png (1280x720, 976.93K)

I'm waiting for 3 episodes of each to air to binge and see if I like them. I don't like stretching the 3-episode rule across weeks.

Attached: 1651416100655.jpg (500x500, 143.22K)

I do one episode, the first episode is supposed to capture your attention and get you hooked into the series. if it doesn;t do that for me I see no reason to keep watching.

I disagree as I think no story should be expected to drop all of it's best aspects right out the gate but I understand your point of view

some of the best animays I've seen didn't get good till 4 or 5 episodes

waitaminute, jashin chan dropkick came out in 2018

About 3 good shows, so pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=L5sNq0HpHuE

Attached: Miku headpat.jpg (858x1200, 91.1K)

I expected to watch 3 shows only this season, but I'm watching 7, so better than expected.

Enjoying hot vampire gf and Made in Abyss so far (aside from the moments where the author just has to show the audience how much of a raging pedo he is), watching kanokari because my rage sustains me, dropped prima doll because the writing was extremely bad and biscuit hammer because it just plain sucked.

Attached: 1547276944260.gif (400x400, 605.19K)

Maybe you were just stupid and missed the obvious signs of them being good.

watch more anime

Similar to me, but I usually decide in the first few minutes of a show to see if I like the visual or audio parts of it, the general style and feel, but the story I'm more lax on since that'd be unfair. It's moreso for if I'm offput by something right away rather than waiting for some great element.

The more anime you watch, the easier it becomes to determine if one is good or not early.

Meh season. I only really liked Isekai Ojisan, Licko Licko, and Luminous Witches. I guess MiA, Jashin, and Kami Kuzu Idol are ok too. But I'm still waiting for a lot of series to start so it might end up being a good season.

Which ones? In my experience anime that start weak and get better with time are rare. The only ones that come to mind right now are Sakura Quest and Sakurada Reset.

Are you talking about them going from slow to good, or from bad to good?

I've seen plenty of the former, but I've genuinely never seen one of the latter, and even the slow ones usually had some sign they'd improve.

Best season in a while, its always great having more strike witches even if its a spinoff