Ghost In The Shell Thread

Literally just watched it for the first time ever 10 hours ago

Attached: Ghost_in_the_Shell_S.A.C._2nd_GIG_Motoko_Kusanagi.png (430x232, 148.7K)

SAC is better than the movies, don't @ me.

no one ever denied that

The show isn't worth a fuck compared to the movie.

>Literally just watched it for the first time ever 10 hours ago
I'm so sorry for how how bad it was.

>Ghost_in_the_Shell_S.A.C._2nd_GIG_Motoko_Kusanagi.png
The fuck
I've got something worse than both of those. Arise

Attached: motoko look.gif (480x270, 1.57M)

nah she cute and it reminded to read some Descartes and Newton
Ending felt like brainlet cope

Attached: major-motoko-kusanagi-a-ghost-in-the-shell-character-analysis.jpg (1200x1200, 81.95K)

bump

Attached: 1657311330194.jpg (1024x814, 211.05K)

The original movie suffers from trying to compact the entire original manga into one film.

You are wrong.

You are delusional.

I love the first GitS movie. It's what got me into cyberpunk as a genre and anime beyond things like Pokemon and DBZ.

Attached: mpv-shot0002.jpg (1920x1040, 359.37K)

Attached: GitS4.jpg (1920x1040, 382.64K)

Attached: GitS 1.jpg (1920x1218, 344.51K)

Dammit, why did the last one post first?

Attached: GitS 2.jpg (1920x1040, 271.65K)

Attached: Gits 3.jpg (1920x1071, 370.71K)

I really like the movie, but I feel like it could've used an extra twenty minutes.

What for?

Man I wish modern productions could light scenes like this, this has infinitely more depth than anything made with the advanced software and techniques available to us at the touch of a button

He's right though

He unfortunately is not.

>wordswordswords eposition
wow so deep

SAC is dogshit. They basically sterilized everything and turned Motoko into a boring Mary Sue with literally no personality.

What do words have to do with animation techniques, you monumental retard?

Nothing that's the point, there's nothing deep about this.

So you're criticizing the animation techniques the other guy mentioned, by talking about the exposition and dialogue in the scene, which are completely unrelated?
You really are retarded.

Lol. That might be a coherent criticism relative to the manga, but not relative to the movie.

I'll admit that Motoko in the movie was very different from the Motoko in the manga, given that the latter was very animated and extroverted from what I recall, while the movie version was far more introverted and mysterious.
However, the movie version still works, because there's a sense of mystery about her and she actually seems troubled by her existential and identity crisis, which is a major theme of the entire movie.
I just think it translated poorly to SAC. I remember being really disappointed by it when I tried watching it, because of how hyped up it was, yet it felt like nothing. I don't know how to describe it, but it just felt bland. There were a few cool set pieces, concepts and animated scenes, but as a whole, it was just incredibly bland.

Retard.

OP here, so I felt it necessary to understand the thing that GitS plagiarizes in order to get a better appreciation for the show:
>The ghost in the machine
It's a mocking term used by Gilbert Ryle to make fun of Dualists, specifically Decartes, who thought that the body has some separate transcendental mind to it, a soul more or less.
Gilbert thought that the mind was categorized incorrectly by Decartes, (as something that coexists in parallel with the body) and that this was stupid, and it's actually the summation of the human body that creates the mind.

The categorization error is illustrated by this example
Decartes:
>College, Library, Cafeteria, University,
All of them being of the same group, when in reality it should be categorized like this
>College, Library, Cafeteria,
>University
as the former group makes up the latter.

So amusingly enough, it kind of seems like GitS philosophy actually agrees with Gilbert that dualism is a meme, and attempts to do the more arduous process of trying to define what a "mind" in a materialist perspective as the things that constitute it in materialist terms become increasingly cheapened and displaced by technology.

Attached: 1657311517317.png (676x863, 980.57K)