I don't understand. Why are there so many male fans of girly ass romance anime like Cardcaptor Sakura, Love Live...

I don't understand. Why are there so many male fans of girly ass romance anime like Cardcaptor Sakura, Love Live, Kaguya-sama, Fruits Basket, etc?

Attached: MV5BYThkZTBiN2UtZWJkMC00NzQ1LTg4ODktYjlhN2UwMTYzZWVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk1Njg5NTA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1500, 349.06K)

You can't understand why males like cute girls? Maybe your parents need to tell you about the birds and the bees

That's like asking why there are female fans of battle anime.

I don't think you've read Fruits Basket if you think it's a "girly ass romance" series.

None of these are "girly" except MAYBE Love Live.

>I'm gay
ok user.

cringe OP

Attached: sakura.jpg (850x1161, 128.71K)

Love Live and Kaguya-sama are both explicitly aimed at guys. The former kind of sold itself on the girls being appealing to men, while the later started as a pretty gender-neutral comedy that turned into a soap opera.

As for CLAMP, they started out as a doujin group and kind of remained in the doujin scene for a good chunk of their career. They ended up getting a large male following because their art was REALLY good by doujin standards.

I've never been able to stomach Fruits Basket though, so I can't really speak as to why it's popular.

Kaguya STARTED as a gender neutral comedy. Post confession Kaguya is basically joseishit.

Glad to see this pointed out early.

I feel like CLAMP also spans across so many genres that they just have a universal appeal. Between my siblings and I, we all have at least one CLAMP series we love. And my mom loves Wish.

here's your (You)

Attached: 1655648357439.png (850x907, 473.72K)

In Japan there isn't the notion that romance genre is only for females. It's just in the west where toxic masculinity means if you are a male who enjoys romance shows or books you're a sissy.

Attached: 28577794_2123067221264120_4576375528918876160_n.jpg (681x1149, 49.08K)

>ass romance
What did he mean by this?

>Love Live
>Romance anime

Attached: 1420093671753.jpg (287x291, 14.1K)

>if you are a male who enjoys romance shows or books you're a sissy.
correct

Love Live has subversive yuri content, so it's double gay

Cheek to cheek desu

The latter is correct. Either way, there is no such thing as toxic masculinity.

Love Live isn't romance, and is explicitly targeted at a male audience
also the answer to this question cannot be found in normative ideas of what a 'man' should be.
even in Japan in the 70s, many early male readers of shoujo manga read shoujo manga as an alternative to other consumer media which promoted Japanese societal ideas of masculinity, that is, the man as a salaryman who must work an office job and provide for his family. early male readers of shoujo manga read this manga as an alternative to japanese ideas of masculinity.

Everyone in this thread is fucking defensive yet they down explain why they like this unironically?