I honestly miss when dubs had their own OP this Sonic X and One Piece’s English songs were catchy

I honestly miss when dubs had their own OP this Sonic X and One Piece’s English songs were catchy

youtu.be/wjZNz0Gj1TM

Attached: 1BA6D4DB-62EB-481E-AE1F-66C2B298A29A.jpg (1280x720, 351.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dc7kbzn5C9I
youtu.be/8qLl145FqQg
youtube.com/watch?v=7xzNrzaqFiA
youtube.com/watch?v=l5PPIjTh_Ic
youtu.be/1pMy_NBO4PU
youtube.com/watch?v=J_49dfhh5XU
youtu.be/aVbyUhQ89nU?list=PLLnj-61LKXSGoRtWoNNXCZzbKzQWYMA7q
youtu.be/vfn8QqjgEPo
youtube.com/watch?v=N74cnBa_Bmc
youtube.com/watch?v=NGB34HwYf-4
youtube.com/watch?v=Us4SLQY-Q48
youtube.com/watch?v=QsRzKADd9SQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>German_naruto_OP.webm

The One Piece rap didn’t fit One Piece at all, and the only times it’s brought up is ironically. Just like all the censorship and re-writing of certain plots, they practically turned it into a completely different show.

Yu-Gi-Ohs early english OPs were surprisingly good. All the ones post-5Ds kinda suck though

Imagine still watching dubs,

If not good, they were at least extremely catchy. The One Piece opening is still infamous and people know it even if they don't watch the series. Everyone knows ITS TIME TO DUEL. Not even mentioning how much of a monumentous success pokemon was. People hate 4kids but don't realize how much they did to break anime more into the mainstream back in the 90s.

Sonic X's Gotta Go Fast from the theme became a legit staple for sonic

I can't think of a single English OP that's actually good besides Yugioh, Digimon Frontier and Shaman King.

I miss when we just got dubbed versions of the original japanese openings. or the whole soundtrack even.
The german Digimon and Dragonball OP and soundtrack was incredible.

>dubbed versions of the original japanese openings. or the whole soundtrack even.

ah yes. Those were kino times

youtube.com/watch?v=Dc7kbzn5C9I

I'll always prefer Catch You Catch Me, but still...

CARDCAPTORS
A MYSTIC ADVENTURE

youtu.be/8qLl145FqQg
This one was better than the original OP.

>had to hear this awful techno-rap bullshit instead of SHUFFLE
>catchy
fuck you
youtube.com/watch?v=7xzNrzaqFiA

>better than megumi hayashibara singing oversoul

Attached: file.png (1334x750, 979.84K)

>All the ones post-5Ds kinda suck though
youtube.com/watch?v=l5PPIjTh_Ic
this ones quite catchy

FUCKING AGREED youtu.be/1pMy_NBO4PU

Attached: file.png (500x500, 286.38K)

To be fair, the only OP that would fit One Piece now would be a festival song with "KOZUKI ODEN!!" as the only lyric

As far as English OP songs go, the funimation We Are always has a place in my heart since that’s the one I grew up with

Best Pokemon OP

youtube.com/watch?v=J_49dfhh5XU

>Posted Zexal OP
>Not the 1st one
>LMAO

youtu.be/aVbyUhQ89nU?list=PLLnj-61LKXSGoRtWoNNXCZzbKzQWYMA7q

god I cant beleive i'm getting nostalgia for fucking Zexal
and yeah the first OP is way fucking better idk what that guy was thinking

youtu.be/vfn8QqjgEPo

FUCKING BEYBLADE DUDE. THE ENTIRE ENGLISH SOUNDTRACK IS FUCKING AWESOME

youtube.com/watch?v=N74cnBa_Bmc

youtube.com/watch?v=NGB34HwYf-4

youtube.com/watch?v=Us4SLQY-Q48

youtube.com/watch?v=QsRzKADd9SQ

I prefer the Japanese ones to all of the English ones for those though. For Medarot/Medabots, I have a sense of nostalgia and I do like it, and I can see how the Japanese version might not be as liked, but I do like both in their own way.

Now if you want a dub opening that completely shits all over the original and is superior in pretty much every way, look at Power Stone. The Viewtiful Joe dub intro is the same as the Japanese one, except truncated with some footage from episodes, but I think its editing makes it far more enjoyable than the slow panning of the Japanese version. Then you have odd cases like Saint Seiya's Pegasus no Fantasy vs Knights of the Zodiac's I Ran by Bowling for Soup that become a different debate whatsoever.