Music-powered mechs was actually a billiant idea

Music-powered mechs was actually a billiant idea.
Given that some of the show's seiyuus are great singers, why didn't they focus on that but instead gave us this weird mix of poorly glued ideas?

Attached: cross ange.jpg (1280x720, 93.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicMusic
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThePowerOfRock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>why didn't they focus on that but instead gave us this weird mix of poorly glued ideas?
That's what made the show so fucking great though.

Have you never seen macross?

Nope. I guess it's about mechs and singing? Gonna check that out.

They didn't want to go full Symphogear

If you enjoyed Cross Ange check out Macross Frontier.
It’s not a franchise you have to watch in production order, you can start anywhere honestly.
But I like Frontier because it’s solid and modern.

This. OP if you want something like you described just go to GEAH, Ange is fucking amazing but geah is just a ride like no other.

Attached: 1618519614105.jpg (1280x1316, 412.19K)

>this weird mix of poorly glued ideas?
That was what made Cross Ange so good.

Yup. As other have said you definitely need to watch some Macross.

It really lost steam after episode 12, picked up towards the end but all the dragon shit was mehhhhh

Because this was fukuda's wild ride.

Symphogear, Macross (somehow) and akb0048

Dumb fucking newfag, lurk more.

Sounds like you marathoned it, and in that case you'd probably get hard burn out. Watching cross ange with Any Forums was the most fun I've had since Akame Ga Kill, and before that probably code geass.

>shitting on A/Z being garbo
>salia bullying
>yuri BTFO
>3 DAYS
>realizing embryo was a character based off the average otaku waifu'ism retard

Attached: 1600482915381.webm (960x540, 1.79M)

>why didn't they focus on that but instead gave
Because it would be annoying as fuck considering there were like 2 distinct songs

Attached: 1612632322680.webm (1440x1080, 997.99K)

Although in most shows this power is represented as the equivalent of a bard raising morale. And most studios just use this as an excuse to put idols or music bands on it and get some extra bucks.

But if you think about it, mechas controlled by music sounds or voice it's very interesting in theory, but in reality it would end up very complicated or boring. Mainly because actual fights (not to mention a fucking war) are a messy and completely unorganized clash of wills, and you will not always find a continuos rhythm.
Because ok, one thing would be to synchronize the singing or musical fragments with the actual movement of the robots, which maybe it would get a silly song as a result (like making a jingle mix with a fighting combo) but it would make sense.
But to jump to basically a full concert and that being traduced to combat it's impossible.

>It really lost steam after episode 12
Yeah, the middle part of the show is probably the weakest.
It started to look like a trainwreck but then the train that got off rails did not stop there but only sped up and made its own way to the absolutely glorious ending

>Sounds like you marathoned it, and in that case you'd probably get hard burn out
Yep. Watched it last year.

I'm still mad that the BDs didn't show tits.

Yeah that would probably do it, this show would really burn out mid way to almost unwatchable if you tried to marathon it.
That's why you buy the DVD's, own the BD's villkiss and some art from the show, but on my rewatches I do commie subs or just the TV rips since they are less censored.

cross ange was music based? did they ever sell singles?

IIRC it wasn't that music based, but Nana and any singer had more or less complete control over what they wanted to sing or how to sing it. It's no Symphogear in music levels but not much is.

Attached: 1598563920471.webm (1280x720, 2.03M)

>cross ange was ... based
Yes, it was

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicMusic

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThePowerOfRock