Why hasn't there been a second attempt at a Sonic anime...

Why hasn't there been a second attempt at a Sonic anime? Sonic X (JP) and the classic OVA were pretty darn good for what they were. With the series' resurgent popularity with the movies and IDW comics, I think it's a perfect time to bring it back to the world of animation.

Attached: Cream_and_Vanilla.jpg (640x479, 74.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2P7NecF46NI
youtube.com/watch?v=LYvO8eaWJNc
youtube.com/watch?v=UpfIblkRspQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because nips don't give a shit about Sonic

There literally was a 3d/cgi series for one of the new games but I can't remember the name.

I think it was sonic boom. Personalities were changed, knuckles was a musclehead and some girl was a schizo conspiracy theorist. They also made fun of the autistic fanbase

I believe sonic isn’t nearly as popular as Mario in Japan, it’s much more of an American thing at this point. There have been animated series after just not Japanese.

Attached: 936055D8-88ED-4895-8AA4-AEDA34B4F2E0.jpg (828x1090, 574.23K)

Not exactly sure what a potential anime would cover, given that SEGA seems to want a connected cross-media Sonic universe now with Forces and the IDW comics.

Found it. youtu.be/2P7NecF46NI
Never watched it, Sonic (the first one) was my first game ever. I like the 16 bit era games but was not a fan of the 3D “radical” era and lost interest.

god i want Vanilla to mommy me

Attached: 7853B691-931B-45FF-9EFE-E4E996D091ED.jpg (828x1030, 511.96K)

Oh, that. It had some hilarious moments tbqh. like there was even a groundhog day episode. Nothing about it is serious tho, like sonic going "let's just wait for eggman to attack as usual" as if they were in a perry the platypus episode. The show, not the game.
As cons, it's 3d not 2d and probably not what op wants tho

Another Sonic Anime was considered by Sega recently but it was scrapped in favor of letting Netflix and the guys behind the terrible Mega Man CGI Cartoon from a few years ago make Sonic Prime.

I want to cream the rabbit

Sega's gotten into the vtuber craze
Sonic et al are all vtubers
And they made Inugami Korone a Sonic ambassador and given her a sonic-themed costume.

>sonic prime
This shit looks like those youtube SFM fan works.

Oh yeah, Sonic Boom was actually pretty entertaining, but the whole thing is really more of a spoof of Sonic than an honest adaptation like Sonic X. The Sonic Mania shorts are also a pretty good example of what a modern animated work could be like, and they're great:

youtube.com/watch?v=LYvO8eaWJNc

youtube.com/watch?v=UpfIblkRspQ

Attached: Heres-your-first-look-at-Sonic-Prime-coming-to-Netflix.jpg (1600x900, 109.22K)

>Why hasn't there been a second attempt at a Sonic anime?
Sonic Prime

>Not exactly sure what a potential anime would cover
They could easily do what Sonic X did: very loose adaptations of the new games that had released up to that point, while tying it all together with an original overarching story.

>given that SEGA seems to want a connected cross-media Sonic universe now with Forces and the IDW comics.
The IDW comics, while more tightly connected to the games than the Archie comics ever were, still have the freedom to do their own thing, with original stories and characters that don't have bearing on the games' [jumbled] canon. I could see a new show doing the same, it might even be for the best.

reminds me of that sonic cd intro

It's set in the Classic universe (yeah it's its own universe now, sorta).

It's much harder than expected to find SFW art of Cream and Vanilla
Not that I mind that fact

Attached: 90958810_p2.jpg (603x1129, 567.62K)

wow that sounds fucking awful. I really wish sega ran this franchise better. moreover you'd think given the number of sonic copycats we'd end up with something better by now.

>This shit looks like those youtube SFM fan works
No it doesn't

This is an awful and cringe franchise and nobody but autists want to write serious stories for it.