What's the Japanese consensus on CGI in anime? everyone I know prefers 2D...

what's the Japanese consensus on CGI in anime? everyone I know prefers 2D, so I don't understand how it's even profitable.

Attached: 575Gremmy_creates-1354685408.png (551x511, 455.18K)

It's not.

Many hacks uses it in order to save budget, since it cost way less time and money than draw sketch after sketch.
Yet Sometimes it is good if used in an artistic way, for example like happened with Hoseki no kuni, kengan Ashura, that Lupin movie, springan etc...
There is a difference between cgi (shakes head) and CGI (Nods with a smile)

Attached: 0fjr3evkzva01.jpg (480x719, 41.13K)

It's universally hated and much like Live action adaptations of Manga and Anime studios have yet to realize that there's never been and will never be a good, adequate adaptation of a manga/anime in 3D.

Attached: rwt43r43.jpg (474x266, 11.63K)

Houseki no kuni

Houseki no Kuni is good though

Never seen it.

how's that shit called when a scene has ludicrous production aka: demon slayer shit

it can be good when it's done by professionals, and not just a tool to cut corners

Attached: waves.webm (1920x804, 2.97M)

at that point why not just film waves on the night beach and maybe add filters?

>I don't understand how it's even profitable.
Because it's cheap.

i mean, an anime overall has a regular drawing style througout the series, then for an important scene, the production in its animation is drastically improved, it has been widely used but currently, it's all KNY is all about

Kemono Friends says they love it and think you're a faggot for getting hung up on this shit.

because if you've ever tried to record something you've had in mind, you'd know it's very hard to to capture, especially random chance actions
this is why cinematography is a thing

?

cg can be good if done well, problem is it's not done well
hand animation is mostly done in budget as well typically, only the key frames are produced in house and inbetween frames subcontracted to vietnam/korea/thailand/wherever
you can't subcontract inbetween frames if you're going to use proprietary technology

Attached: lucina my beloved.png (1600x900, 2.06M)

CGI costs less money
What an idiot.

CGI costs less which is why studios spend an equal amount sometimes even more money on it.

Hoseki and kengan both look like shit, especially the latter what the FUCK are you on about?

who cares about consensus, you should think about the purpose instead.
Objects that don't deform are a pain to draw consistently in animation, cg helps in dealing with that so that more time will be spent animating higher priority stuff.
Sire it may be abused and mishandled, but its good use cases still gain from being properly appreciated instead of having a black and white "cg sucks/cg good" point of view

I don't think real waves would look like that