Tokyo Ghoul

What was the consensus on these? Also, do you count these as one story?

Attached: 467066E3-55EA-4748-BD0E-93CEC963052B.jpg (1200x856, 301.48K)

overrated trash - trash

Tokyo Ghoul first half pretty nice and the last half is 10/10
Re is the complete opposite but in a worse way, the first half is really good (way better than the OG) but then it gets gradually worse, from mediocre to bad. The ending could be much better but it's not a disaster, ok in my book
Waiting for more CJX

Attached: 20220707_004023.jpg (1988x2048, 659.42K)

Part 1 was great from start to finish and :Re turned to shit halfway through when Ishida got burned out and hated his manga.

I got interested in it because of an user dumping it two years ago.
I didn't get very far with Re: for the manga
Can't give you solid reason why
Tried watching the anime for Re: and got as far as the first 12-13 episodes before it skips some arcs, I guess.

TL;DR:
Original is worth reading to the end.

re: is shit, only good part was touka cucking fujos.

Both are great but OG is the best

5 minutes

>only good part was touka cucking fujos.
So basically nothing relevant to the manga itself. "re: is shit" is accurate enough.

Granted, I agree with . :re up to the climax of the Rose Arc surpassed OG. The manga was unironically paving its way to be one of my all time favorites, if not my actual favorite of all time. Then Cochlea and everything else happened. I have never been so burned by a work of fiction in my entire fucking life. I can't even bring myself to read a single chapter of Choujin X after the soul crushing disappointment that was the last 2/3 of :re.

Attached: 1620592297766.png (763x874, 463.88K)

As other anons have said before, pretty good first part and :re was good until chapter 60ish, quality got pretty bad due to Ishida juggling to many projects

After Rose arc it got rushed, but I still liked it. Wish it lasted just a bit longer.
t. Etofag

TG is good RE is garbage

Attached: 1629983519966.gif (496x276, 2.88M)

THEY CUT KANEKI'S EUKOGY TO ARIMA OUT OF THE FUCKING ANIME. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

you only say that because.... after this i'll........

Anime cut a lot of the content since season 1 in 2014, don't know why you are surprised

nothing truly wrong with either.
my personal issue with tokyo ghoul is that at a certain point it just becomes a series of fights, but there isn't really any in-depth power system, nor interesting fight choreography to speak of.
it's a fun ride when binge read from start to finish, and has a cool atmosphere + the occasional cool character development, but is neither a masterpiece nor any worse than average.
shame the anime was butchered. since it's so fight heavy, :re could've only been improved by a proper adaptation.

The original series is overall better but the story peaks during the Tsukiyama arc in Re: which is good until Arima's death and then shit gets stupid

>I can't even bring myself to read a single chapter of Choujin X after the soul crushing disappointment that was the last 2/3 of :re.
A bit overdramatic if you still find the energy to enter threads about his previous work years after its ending. He simply fucked up by overworking himself and not taking breaks, very similar to what happened with Togashi during his time working on YYH. Anyway, CJX is pretty great so far and has shown much promise and competence to even surpass TG, or at least end on an overall good note considering that he already said he planned out the whole thing. He also takes breaks now.

Be the become Tokyo ghoul

it was the emotional climax of re... I wonder if ishida asked them to remove it because the adaptation was a dumpster fire?

I liked TG (the manga at least) and enjoyed what I read of :re but both the anime adaptations were awful. Kinda want to go back and read :re but I feel like I should reread TG first. Kinda getting the sense from this thread that it's not worth it though

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Tokyo Ghoul Root A - 06 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_20.07_[2015.04.29_21.56.49].jpg (1972x1972, 141.17K)

Ishida gave them a draft for Root A and Pierrot ignored it, so i don't think it was Ishida who removed that scene

stupid meme studio