Why does luffy even want to become the kang of the pirates?

why does luffy even want to become the kang of the pirates?

he doesnt care about money, power, fame etc so it doesnt make any sense whatsoever

Attached: 1alyd0.jpg (1280x720, 86.44K)

To him, Pirate King means being the freest person in the world. Granted it takes 500 chapters for him to properly express that.

Was also a pride thing since Shanks mocked the idea of him even ever being able to be a regular pirate, which made him go over the top and insist he'd not only be a pirate but the greatest and most powerful pirate in existence on top of that.

a king has tons of obligations, responsibilities and problems which makes him extremely unfree so that doesnt make any sense

At first, Luffy just wanted to be the most free guy on the ocean.
Now he just wants to fucking murder all the emperors.
Shanks beware?

Attached: file.png (1541x1063, 952.55K)

Unironically the friends we made along the way

He's not a literal king, how fucking clued or pedantic are you being

It's a title of strength and will not duty.
Are you just pretending right now?

King is just a title, in the sense that you are on top, the best. For Luffy it will mean he was able to go anywhere he wanted, without any obstacle stopping him. Reaching the final island is proof of that.

sugeee shanks-san you look really strong im getting excited!

Luffy isn't a very good character, at the end of the day all he does is put his friends into unnecessary danger until hes forced into a confrotation with the big bad of the arc. He has no real talent for leadership, and other people in or out of his crew have to move the plot for him. I like luffy and think he's funny, but I think someone like pre-timeskip Sanji, Robin, or Zoro would've been the captain in a better timeline. Of course the trajectory of the story would change but meh.

it's just that his leadership is based on his actions rather than his reasoning. He does whatever he wants and the others follow

And he wants this freedom for?

do whatever he wants

Does Shanks even know about Luffy's true dream or only has been told to Ace&Sabo?

Which is... eating and hanging out with his friends? Which he already does?

eat meat

>FOUR emperors
>Hold up 3 fingers

and having adventures (including the ones forbidden by the WG, like you know, going to Raftel)

A fulfillment of a dream.

...there's a motion line above the knuckle of his index finger indicating he lowered it when he counted out Shanks.

The Pirate King doesn't do jack shit. Roger partied all day and decided to get executed when his illness got bad.

If he was honest
>My treasure? If you want it, I'll grant it! Search on! All the world had to offer, I left in that place!
>But keep in mind that you can only get that treasure if you eat a mythical zoan fruit:model sun god Nika!
>You have to basically be the chosen one if you want the One Piece! No matter how much you try or dedicate your life to, if you are not the chosen one then you can't have it!
>Even I can't have the One P-ACK

Attached: Gol D. Roger.jpg (720x480, 64.95K)

What is even more annoying: If he and his crew care so much about finding One Piece and making Luffy PK, then why the fuck do they NEVER do or say anything towards that end?
The SHs never actively search for clues about One Piece. They just conviently stumble upon them and then look apathetic when some random who character dumps exposition on them.
Literally the only time in all of One Piece where a SH actually proactively did something that furthered their goal was when Brook copied BMs road Poneglyph. That is all. Besides that, they have never actually done anything to find the treasure, expect if we count them being on the Grand Line to begin with.

>why does luffy even want to become the KANG of the pirates?
Ya-yo, ya-yo!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Kang!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Doom!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Susan!
Dreamin'!
Don't give it give it up give it up give it up give it up give it up give it up give it UP!

Attached: 0BDAA075-437F-4404-9B77-DCEFA3DF5E5A.jpg (915x955, 309.62K)

they're targeting the emperors who also happen to be in possession of the road PG

the one piece isn't money or fame. He definitely wants power.

he's a dumb kid with a dream.

Maybe the real treasure is the friends we made along the way.