ITT: great story, weak art

Attached: 74a6edb8-ecb3-4ccb-b46c-576d89feb049.jpg (600x848, 128.03K)

>weak art
Filtered.

The art isn't even that bad later on. The style works quite well for a gag manga like opm. I wish it was animated like mob

>great story, weak art
I think ONE art has thing charm that makes me love it, is probably the amazing composition + great paneling work.

It's great art if you understand art

Attached: Volume_01.png (764x1200, 1.46M)

I agree. I thought Murata was amazing at first, and he is very technically skilled, but over time I realised I don't like his personal style all that much. I thibk Mob Psycho 100 has so much charm thanks to not being filtered though an overly-polished artist.

Filtered.

Yeah I love ONEs art as well, it's just the only manga I know that would shorta fit the subject...I don't know any manga with great story, weak art. That's why I used ONE.

I always thought how ONE draws his character's works infinitely better for the kind of story that OPM is.

They look off, mostly normal, some kind of ugly or weird, even Fubuki who is the prettiest is just kind of normal looking with a cleaner face. Tatsumaki is a weird little midget. It fits the tone like a glove.

Versus the manga where everybody lumps into one category or another, exaggeratedly abnormal or supermodel, regardless.

I wouldn't call it weak. Simplistic yes, but not weak. ONE has a superb understanding of composition and panelling. Even better than Murata who is the infinitely more techincal and skilled illustrator.

Huh, I just realized I have a extremely small pool of manga I've actually read, and all of them I picked because they had cool looking art.

Attached: Dx80dHiUUAALdL7.jpg_large.jpg (1920x1080, 174.3K)

There's nothing wrong with caring about the visuals first in a visual medium. Manga is at its best when the strengths of the medium are used for visual storytelling, which is not something that non-visual mediums can do.

WCucks are mentally ill.

This has better paneling and readability than Murata's soulless garbage

>Shit looks good if you put your head far enough upin your ass

This is good art though

>I picked up works from a visual based medium based on the visuals

Every FKMT manga

That artstyle is pure SOUL all of the later works looks great

This was a gem and I'm tired of pretending it wasn't.

Attached: Vertical World.jpg (400x334, 51.24K)

Exactly. It bothers me when people talk about artistic skill with phrases like "levelling up." That implies it's like a ladder where you're either better or worse than someone. Instead, art is more like a bar graph, each bar being a different skill, and even from there there are more and more specific skills. And of course there's subjectivity too, but I'm just talking about how someone can seem worse at first glance actually does have skill, just in different places.