Rose of Versailles will be getting an anime remake to celebrate the manga's 50th anniversary, it will be announced soon...

Rose of Versailles will be getting an anime remake to celebrate the manga's 50th anniversary, it will be announced soon. What are our hopes and expectations?

Attached: FXEWU3xUEAAZpN9.jpg (1200x675, 285.11K)

I expect an awful cash grab with hideous CGI and rushed production, like every other one of these remakes/sequels/adaptations coming a decade or more after the original work.

How would CGI even work with the shoujo manga aesthetic?

Furukawa and Kinema Citrus, love cobra be damned

C.G horses most likely
>old good new bad!

No way. Source?

Also, I hope it’s lacking in CGI and they stick to watercolour backgrounds. The amount of SOVL in pic related can’t be replicated in CGI.

Attached: 63793CA2-F128-408F-82BE-1829330DA026.gif (500x375, 987.94K)

Hopefully it helps raise awareness of how mediocre the series is and destroy its golden goose status.

CG roses and soldiers.
If this is true, I hope there's a budget.
The Rose of Versailles got a cult following in Japan and France.

Wait, god damn it, why did I write golden goose instead of golden calf?

I can't think about a fitting modern character design

They might make something decent, like LotGH's remake, but much like with that other series, the remake is unlikely to be anywhere nearly as good and much less even have half the heart the OG series did.

That it's going to be Mappa.

Hear me out for my insane idea of how to do a good remake:
>Make it 40+ episodes just like the OG anime
>Have it be animated by either Madhouse or get TMS to do it again
>Have Hideaki Anno as the director with Ikuhara as a co-director
>bring back as many of the seiyuus from the original series as possible to reprise their roles and find excellent impersonators for the ones you can’t get back
>Soundtrack by Taku Iwasaki or Kow Otani
>adapt some of the smaller scenes that were cut from the manga by the OG series
>adapt or at least incorporate some of the bonus chapters like The Countess In Black
>as a bonus, adapt some of the Berubara Kids skits for shits and giggles

Do all that and it might stand a chance of holding a candle to the original series.
If it ends up being good, then it increases the odds of us getting more Ikeda adaptations for the first time since 1991 with Oniisama e.

If it ends up being shit, it’ll just alert normies and newfags to the original series, which will elevate its golden goose status even higher.

Either way, Ikedachads win.

Attached: 36B0A002-1AC7-476A-8779-6691DDC9B901.jpg (960x720, 143.36K)

That's bullshit, and I don't believe it. But IF it were true it would definitely be interesting to watch, even if it turns out to be a a total shit show with crappy animation and awful direction and staff that don't understand/respect the source material at all. And also because Oscar is my one true waifu for 20ish years.

>If it ends up being good, then it increases the odds of us getting more Ikeda adaptations for the first time since 1991 with Oniisama e.
That would be the most based timeline. Orpheus' Window anime adaptation WHEN?

>Mappa
>tfw a little while ago Ikuhara announced both a name change and that he was working on a new project
>the name he changed to was “Bonsoir” (French for “good evening”)
>Ikuhara has been working with Mappa for some time now

It adds up too well. Could it be…?

>spoiler
You should also keep in mind that a new series would equal more doujins and hentai. ESPECIALLY given how big the series is.

Attached: 62530F03-FD0F-4701-A197-D51663C5A062.jpg (500x689, 50.03K)

Ok

Oscar is now a tranny

That fucking sauce man. Even though the original is literally perfect, I wouldn't actually mind to see modern version of Rose of Versailles. I can always pretend it never existed if it turns out to be bad.

Given how most fans are females, doujins would mostly end up being yaoi.

Between who exactly?

>Oscar is now a tranny
Stop it now.

Attached: 1493416191875.png (755x857, 164.21K)

Nah, they wouldn’t dare. No only is her being a biological woman integral to her story, but she’s a beloved and iconic character that they wouldn’t dare touch.

Most doujins that exist for RoV now are either hetero or yuri

what about The Master?

Attached: 1650097903177.jpg (225x350, 26.25K)

I'm sorry I did not scroll down far enough to see my post has already been made. Gomen.

Source or gtfo