You now remember Toriko

You now remember Toriko.

Toriko was supposed to be the next DBZ of Shonen Jump and was pushed to be on par with One Piece and DBZ in terms of popularity, but what happened?

Attached: images (1).jpg (452x678, 98.39K)

>but what happened?
They promoted the anime like crazy because the manga was good and had potential but they forgot to make the anime even half as decent as the manga. By the time the anime bombed Toriko was hitting it's stride but the bad anime was too difficult to overcome and so the ending got rushed.

There's like two years between the end of the anime and the end of the manga.

Yeah but the anime was unpopular before it was cancelled and Toriko didnt get a 3 chapter axe it was just a rush to the ending type of finish over the course of like a year that should have normally been 3-5 years.

Just my guess but I think everyone got turned off by the Toriko shill campaign regardless of the quality of the actual manga.

Attached: 1655772065343.png (1590x688, 1.43M)

It was fucking shite that's what

> t. togashit

I miss this manga

It looks ugly.

With how hard it was pushed, it became overrated and underrated at the same time.

Lol I saw this thread before

Cause the plot is retarded, and they shilled the fuck outta it even having him buddy up with Luffy and Goku as if it was a special Shonen even though it was Luffy,Naruto and Goku that were the titans of Shonen

Because the anime is a big pile of shit.

Anime had no budget and was made by hacks, all of the budget went into selling toys.

HxH and OP plagiarized
The world we know is just small island on lake

Not generic moeshit and fujotranny pandering enough

This is the only real reason. If Toriko came out just a few years later with a season anime it would still be going to this day.

This is not an original story idea. YYH itself ended with the same concept.

Because the manga is a big pile of shit.

I really don't know what they were thinking with that anime adaptation, it felt like it was catered towards toddlers, not the mention the average quality. The mango is excellent up to Gourmet World, then it's hit and miss.

Attached: 1653852218769.png (510x675, 63.57K)

It felt inferior to it's western counter part.

The mangaka tried to fuck an underage girl and got caught.