Bibliomania

can someone explain to me what the fuck I just read?

Attached: Bibliomania.jpg (1812x1268, 431.22K)

more importantly, why should i give a shit?

you're one stupid mother fucker.

It's a great read.

it's about a manor that contains books, each book is basically filled with a person and they get to live inside there forever in a world that manifests their own desires.
we're introduced to Alice, she's the 431 new entry, which means there are 430 books before her.
Alice's sole desire is knowledge, therefore she's driven to leave the manor and learn about the outside world, however if she wishes to leave the manor she has to go through the 000 book, which means she has to go through every single book, and the farther she gets from her own book the shittier her body gets, eventually it'll rot and she'll die.
story basically follows her through her journey as she visits every book and sees different people's desires manifesting in very surreal imagery with some great art.

pretentious style over substance garbage, it's only 12 chapters long yet I still felt like my time was wasted

copium

when it comes to manga Style > Substance.

style IS substance you plebs

First half is great, but when it turns into book kaiju it becomes stupid.

I still don't understand the ending

Every chapter has x days before Alice' arrival, Alice was a princess who, being born and living in pain and suffering grew to seek knowledge of things. This lead to her using the vast knowledge she had at her disposal to turn herself into a "book"
The book records humans memories and experiences, it eats their souls and it's what brings her joy.
Bibliomania is the end of a story. She became a monster, was sealed, and eventually broke out again. She's the typical antagonist, except in the end she wins. But winning for her means consuming all the people in the world, which she acknowledges with "There's nobody left to read it"

but what did it all mean? the whole thing about the world ending and using the biblio weapons, what did it intend to make parallels of? WW3?

Not everything needs to be an allegory. It's just a story about how the world ended. If you want to deconstruct it and pick it apart for some sort of meaning, you could say that our(humans) joy is rooted in suffering, and that vapid lifestyles that only consist of constant pleasure and 'the next dopamine hit' is the same as waiting to die, simply being content.

I'm sure if you wanted to be cynical you could also say that humans will always inevitably destroy themselves but I find that way of thinking to be reductive and you can always cherry pick elements out of any story to highlight the terrible aspects of humanity.

I personally like to look at Bibliomania as a self-contained story without any morals. or high handed philosophy to preach about.

Why is this not on MAL or any other manga sites that track manga?

too obscure

They literally explain everything
Read the words, don't just look at them and immediately forget

God she's so cute.

very cute

Attached: 1656997332410.jpg (1295x1812, 351.33K)

we got a sequel?

Attached: 06.jpg (960x540, 94.65K)

sick loli turning into abomination and starting to consume human for her own satisfaction
human will succumb to their desire
loli is much like other victims inside the books, in the end she is just doing all this apocalypse shit to fulfill her desire, even if she knows it doesn't matter