WTF is this?

>two movies about the same guy in different timelines
>different studios for each
>he falls for different women in each
>there is multiverse fuckery in each
>they release in the same day
Is this just a dumb market ploy or a kino idea?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 198.99K)

the idea is certainly unique but goddamn do I have no faith they're gonna pull it off

For me it's right.

School girl uniform automatically wins

Japan loves their pokemon red and blue

all modern anime is about the same guy (bland beta protag) so they may as well be honest about it.

wish they could still write a bigger story than "who will bland beta protag stick his dick into: moeblob A or moeblob B?"

>glasses

>two movies about the same guy in different timelines
>same guy in different timelines
So... is he a slider or each universe has it's own Peter Parker?
It's a "watch it to find out" situation, ain't it?

There was a book I read when I was a kid half of which was a normal book about a boy and half of which was pictures about a deaf girl and they met at the end. Does anyone know what it's called?

I like the concept. Let's see if they execute it properly. Will keep expectations low as usual though

>all modern anime is about the same guy (bland beta protag) so they may as well be honest about it.
Honestly I'd be more interested if this concept didn't essentially boil down to "harem protag's different routes"

Attached: 1323230559401.png (392x200, 40.11K)

Imagine if Shinkai never created this movie format

Imagine how stupid it would be if they intregrated some battle system with mythical heroes on top of all that

It sounds like the anime took two different story lines of the galgame and made them at the same time.

More Shinkai?

Apparently both.

It seems they are based on two separate novels that had the same relationship.

honestly, that's kinda stupid. whoever thought that up is gonna lose their pinkie

Attached: 1433980372902.jpg (629x629, 72.16K)

Why are parallel universe stories so bland and retarded? This could've been anything other than an eroge protag getting 2 routes in the same playthrough and been engaging but it's just gotta be more Shinkai Keit-ai shit.

Why movies? Amagami pulled it off with a episodes for different girls.

Attached: 1635739332710.jpg (1000x1381, 276.95K)

definitely a ploy to make you watch both

Why would anyone do this? Not only are you cannibalizing your own viewers, you also split it between 2 studios at the same time. Most people are not watching both and if one is bad or mediocre, then it'll affect both of these films negatively. This is like 2 companies commiting double suicide.