As anime is really just a commercial for the manga, what anime has convinced you to pick up the manga and read it...

As anime is really just a commercial for the manga, what anime has convinced you to pick up the manga and read it? Describe your experience.

Attached: 1656864269480.jpg (504x608, 93.58K)

I'll give the first cop out response -- after watching the first season of SnK, I caught up to the manga. Worst mistake of my life, I got to join in the absolute suffering of watching this series I had invested so much time into bose dive. Still, it was a good ride and it was pretty cool to watch it get anime adaptions

mob psycho 100
spy x family
genshiken
dorohedoro
>Describe your experience
i had fun with the anime so i continued the story with the manga
simple as
i think the only letdown was genshiken because i didn't like the direction it went in. the first season of the anime covers just about all of what i thought was the peak of the series
mp100 is the only series where i can't decide whether i think its anime or manga is superior

Attached: x74.png (715x1013, 452.07K)

The Gantz anime, because the concept seemed really cool but the anime shucked hard. Dropped after 6 episodes but loved the manga from chapter 1 on

Watched this with the other Tamabros as it aired and the manga was a nice balance between CGDCT and actual baseball. The /sp/ in me was pleasantly surprised that it's been pretty consistent.

Attached: dance-dance-moves.gif (640x360, 2.37M)

Is this the anime that had the wrong version of an episode uploaded to Crunchyroll or whatever it was?

Most anime I watch.
GATE
Shadows House
Otherside Picnic
Re:Zero got me to read the novel
I just like reading the source material because a lot of the time the anime doesn't do it justice.

Attached: 1654621889604.jpg (460x650, 118.75K)

I think the only manga I've read because of anime is JoJo. I just finished part 5 and didn't want to wait for 6 onward so read them. Maybe Shigurui too now that I think about it but that is more due to the anime not finishing the story.

Yep, the QUALITY was strong with this one.

>what anime has convinced you to pick up the manga and read it? Describe your experience.
Rozen Maiden. It was a huge meme at the time really couldn't help but jump on that train.

Attached: 1610552984.jpg (1447x2160, 2.09M)

I picked Nisekoi up after watching the first episode back when it aired thinking I would get good romance. That was the only disappointment I read.
I also picked SnK, Houseki no Kuni, SukaSuka (LN). It's been overall positive experiences (yes, even SnK, despite it going to shit). If anything, the manga to anime experience tends to be worse since they cheapen out on animation, but even so, I tend to have a positive outlook on it and always look forward to seeing a manga/LN I read getting an anime to see that world animated and to hear the characters speaking.

What’s with the Berserk shilling? Do western weebs not read anything else? I’m saying this as someone who just ordered a deluxe volume of Berserk.

I picked up on reading Tokyo Revengers because of the anime and boy was that a fucking mistake. I ended up dropping the manga when it went full retard.

I couldn’t even finish the first episode of Golden Kamuy it was so bad. But, it being so bad made me think, “the manga can’t be that bad, right?” So very glad I picked up the manga as it was a damn fun time following it these past four years. Toward the end, I was even scouring Japanese sites for raws I was so desperate for more.

It's a decent story that makes people feel mature and sophisticated because of the content in it. That's all.
I can't honestly say I'm unhappy about the success and love its gotten.

>As anime is really just a commercial for the manga
sometimes I wonder why I even come to this place

that is the literal intention for the vast majority of TV anime

Why would it be? Printing and selling books aren’t as profitable as you may think. If anything, people make manga as a way to get a foundation for IP in a universe and then to sell it. This goes for publishing fiction nearly anywhere in any genre, besides literary fiction. Unless you know that manga is done for the sake of artistry, which I’ve never heard of but would love to hear about that if it’s the case.

Yes, retard. Surely writers and artists all across the world only make something for the purpose to market it as a big IP one day.

I think its mostly because a lot of western spergs and antis have started shitting on it and calling it problematic. So its mostly people pushing back against that.
Admittedly it is a really good manga.

It’s barely seen as art to begin with.

Getter robo

>a lot
That's a fringe minority who think the mere inclusion of something in a story is a celebration of it. Even some of the most PC libs really love Berserk from what I've seen.

>fringe minority
Doesn't matter. Twitter makes them loud enough to have impact

Japs actually buy manga volumes unlike you pirating weebs since it's easy to get arrested there for pirating.

>spy x family
neck yourself