Baki

The Miyamoto Musashi arc was fucking terrible.
Do you agree or disagree?

Attached: musashi-miyamoto-baki-dou-1.jpg (350x490, 81.16K)

I miss that nigga so much.

why didn't they just shoot him with a sniper rifle? Or a rocket?

the whole "oh he just cut me in my imagination but it hurt like it was real!!!" thing was so lame.

It was good. But I don't really remember. That arc is the arc I remember the least.
But I don’t give a shit about that. Musashi is old news. Why are we even talking about him still?
It’s all about Jack now. I wonder what the next chapter will start off like. THAT is something that should be discussed more, not all this bs about Musashit

I never liked it in Baki when the fighters took permanent damage that limited their fighting abilities forever. Like losing an arm or an eye or how Sukune lost his little finger to Jack recently. They all act cool about it and how it doesn't matter at all even though it fucking destroys your battle abilities for the rest of your life.
I dread the upcoming jack fights because of his biting, every character he fights against will take permanent damage and it will ruin the character imo.

>Bring a swordman to a fistfight
>Don't let him use the swords
>Try fixing it with "i'll hit you with my imagination"
>Necromancy
Yeah, it was a clusterfuck.

Like Jack would say "if you don't want to get bitten stay home and quit the fighter lifestyle, if you enter the ring you will be bitten".
I understand where you come from, but Baki is about fighting without holding back. This is bound to be risky. To see the fighters never getting any serious injury is ridiculous.

It doesn't actually hurt like it's real, it just shatters your fighting spirit. It's useless against top tier fighting autists that can quickly learn to no-sell it.

Disagree, the arc itself had huge high points and some low points, but the highs more than make up for the flaws, and Musashi himself is one of the best characters Itagaki has ever written.

t.zhang wei

He was too strong.
I don't like the power creep it brought with it, even though he wasn't the worst case of it.
That has to be Sukune one-shooting Oliva, now that was fucking ridiculous.

That only happened because Oliva wanted to do his most muscular pose from an awful position.
Oliva BTFO himself

Itagaki fucked up by making him too damn strong, tried to back pedal the whole imaginary sword shit, recognized too many similarities to Pickles arc and decided an abrupt end would be better than a slow death. That being said, everything after the convict arc (besides the Father Son fight) has been uneventful and painfully boring. Itagaki might be losing it.

yeah that was dumb but still, I just hate this trope in stories where the newest, latest super strong guy easily defeats the super strong guy from the last arc without breaking a sweat. The fight should have been written in a different way where it was more of a serious match instead of a quick flex to show how super cool and super strong sukune is.

You're right it was basically the pickle arc 2.0, absolutely creatively bankrupt. There's so much more that you can do except introducing another even stronger guy than the last one.

I disagree, it's my second favourite part after Son of Ogre.

I really enjoyed his fight with yujiro

disagree, it's probably the most fun arc in the series

Would've been an easy fix too
>Make Musashi legitimately depressed because the lifestyle he lived ended over three hundred years ago (not what we got which was "golly gee, people in this day and age are too damn easy to cut and that makes me sad!")
>Make Musashi adhere strongly to his own principles. Insert quotes from The Book of Five Rings for added education.
>Make Musashi refuse fights because they lack weaponry. No, fists don't count and no amount of bullshitting can sway that opinion.
>Add a little (and I do mean 'a little') bit of modern day humor for example; Musashi finds himself in a manga cafe and publically jerks off to hentai or maybe he walks around his own exhibit at a museum and the curator, without realizing, tries to teach him about Musashi.
>Get rid of the "Musashi versus the world and keeps killing cops" type of vibe. Just felt highly unnecessary
>Some fights with pseudo katanas, for example; an old dudes walking stick
>No spirit sucking death. Either let him live rent free with Yujiro or make him commit sudoku

What kinda confused me was that they have a gigantic scientific research/miracle station where they can create a human being perfectly out of nothing but they don't use it to create new body parts for the people that lost them?
Like make Orochi a new eye or create a new leg for Retsu or a finger for the Sumo guy, whatever.
Hell after Retsu died for real why not just make a whole new body and soul transport Retsu's soul into it, exactly like what they did with Mushashi.

Agree. Itagaki killed off best boy.

I "finished" Baki, is Kengan worth reading?

No.