What the fuck is wrong with gundam fans?

Why does the mention of someone enjoying any of the AUs or the later UC installments get such a knee jerk reaction from gundamfags who consider themselves purists? These people usually claim the first four installments (0079,Z,ZZ and CCA) are the best gundam has to offer when in reality they're average at best or on par with the later series in terms of quality and writing.

Attached: 1648531956945.png (1440x1080, 1.59M)

If you think IBO is of the same quality of anything else in the series then there's no point trying to reason with you.

Attached: 1575978574484.jpg (553x800, 110.18K)

IBOs 1st season was fine, it's the second that really shat the bed.

It comes down to the characters. Char just has it.

Attached: __char_aznable_and_zaku_ii_s_char_custom_gundam_and_2_more_drawn_by_kyou_ningiou__ee0763e9cfb23362590749114406f2f1.jpg (1284x1367, 237.55K)

You're not wrong but they've bought into the idea of early gundam being amazing the same as any other delusional fandom, it's just another meme.

>These people usually claim the first four installments (0079,Z,ZZ and CCA) are the best gundam has to offer
They are, save for ZZ. If you think Mobile Suit Gundam is on par with Wing or SEED your opinion is worthless.

Behold the objective truth and seethe, UCfag.

Attached: Gundam tiers.png (1007x1061, 932.14K)

Zeta Gundam is a masterpiece and I'm tired of pretending it isn't.

Attached: 9d02605fea7affdfd9255b8e3b9f10ea7a05c8cc_hq.jpg (1024x768, 50.93K)

Ladies and gentlemen, the Great Retardo.

>muh wing and seed bad
This meme is so old and tired it can legally drink.

The ending really drags it down.

Zeta is poorly written, has nothing intelligent to say about war and politics and relies on killing women for drama. Also it's mecha battles are boring as fuck.

Okay but it has maybe some of my favorite characters ever written in fiction.

It's old and tired because it's true. They are bad. Or, in any case, certainly much worse than MSG.

Truth doesnt have an expiration date

Being contrarian doesn't make you an interesting person.

What schizo-world do you inhabit? MSG being better than Wing or SEED is as orthodox a position as it gets. OP's is the contrarian stance.

So what Gundams do I need to watch? I've only watched 00 and I'm watching 0079.

>gets told his retarded name sounds retarded
>punches a fascist
>steals an experimental prototype giant robot and joins a terrorist group
Why do we hate this King?

Attached: j8xOQgjgtlbMPkQr0LgWdmkXSTXkleDYrsq_Xj11VOg.jpg (640x480, 37.09K)

Just watch whatever looks interesting to you, if it gets too boring move on to another series.

How do you like 0079?

Best Gundams are 0080 and 08th Ms team.
Zz and Turn a are absolute shit tier and anyone who likes them should have their opinion discarded. You know your non english speaking freinds whom if you showed the room they would think it's a normal movie? Those are the type of people that like Turn A. Turn A is the room tier but it's not even funny.

Not really the ending itself for me, but when I finished watching it, the last 5 or so episodes were out of place or something. I'd have to watch it again to better describe it, and I have to work through the rest of animated Gundam before I consider it.

Surprisingly much more enjoyable than I thought. I've seen people talk a lot about Char, but I'm don't see why yet.

08ms team looked nice but the writing was shit.

Believing this is why Gundam has been a dead fandom since the 00s.

Char is amazing. He is a petty sociopath who tries to pretend he isn't as pathetic as he really is.

Who cares. I'm not going to pretend Wing, SEED, or IBO for that matter are good just because Gundam devolved into terrible UC wank like Unicorn.

The funny thing though is that the first Hathaway movie was pretty good. Looks like I win anyway.

How is it shit? Solid cast of characters that have consistent perdonalities 1nd grow and bond over the course of the show, depicting the gritty side of the war. That's more than you can say about most other Gundams where every character acts schizophrenic.

Victory is legitimately not very good. Turn A is great though. Gundam without Tomino typically results in a subpar product with few exceptions.

I don't remember anything about 08th MS Team. That's with Chris and Bernie and shit?

>Chris and Bernie
That's 0080 you filtered pleb.

That's 0080. 08th MS Team is the one trying to be a Vietnam movie with a shitty Romeo and Juliet romance subplot.

>Hathaway movies are good so far.
Boy, are you going to be let down by the ending then says someone who has read the novel translations back in the day.

What the fuck was 08th MS Team?

You're thinking of War In The Pocket. 08th is in the jungle and the main character is in love with a Zeek and pulls off that one stunt where he dodges cannon fire point blank.

It's the Vietnam/Kuwait war one. The one that had the best (mech) action in the histroy of anime.

Damn this sounds like shit.

Victory is a masterpiece and i'm tired of protecting it's not, me think the 3rd best gundam has to offer after 0079 and Turn A, Zeta could be better but the ending and the collective retardation from katz, reccoa, and sarah really left a bitter note.

It's basically a defense mechanism from the millenials that were introduced to Gundam via Wing in the US and were filtered by 0079's animation when it aired a year after Wing ended

>IBOs 1st season was fine
No it wasn't.

God I fucking love Katejina.

Attached: 1643564660131.png (3384x489, 251.11K)

It's okay I think. Not great, but I don't hate it. There's only been a couple shows I'd say I really disliked though.

Katz wants to be Amuro and Reccoa did literally nothing wrong. She took a bullet for Char, and he didn't even visit her in the hospital. Reccoa was a woman first and a soldier second. Sarah is legit a victim of grooming.

Butter