Lain and Gnosticism

What do you think about a gnostic interpretation of SEL? This thread is specifically about the concept so you can't complain. I think this interpretation is pretty interesting honestly.
litter.catbox.moe/yt1h31.pdf

Attached: KSlEEos.png (577x730, 553.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triune_brain
litter.catbox.moe/yt1h31.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's at least a nice framework for normalizing lainist schizophrenia

Attached: LALL.gif (220x220, 161.49K)

Lain was just the anime matrix and that was fine. This guy thinks it is the deepest thing since his bf's anus. I've studied mythology for over 24 years now and the Japanese use it terribly.

Attached: 1656800686666.png (720x540, 196.73K)

NGE and SEL have done more for gnosticism than any other form in media in the west imo.

Why do all the anime considered the best in the whole medium just ape off of classic literature?
Take pic related for example, it's just a mashup of Catcher in the Rye, Gravity's Rainbow and Notes from the Underground; basically all of the best anime and manga are just remixed classics:
LotGH is just War and Peace
Madoka is just Faust
Berserk is just Thus Spake Zarathustra
Lain is just CCRU stuff.
Texh is just a gangbang of Lacan/Deleuze ideas like Mirror Stage and Body without Organs with Gnosticism sprinkled in
Code Geass is just Count of Monte Cristo/Hamlet
All comes from literature and literature does it all best.
Anime just dumbs down all these great stories and themes for the midwits who watch it while adding nothing.
What is anime's contribution to art exactly?

>studied mythology
>really just casually read a few articles and percy jackson as a kid

>Lain was just the anime matrix and that was fine.
Fucking Bitch U Are Lying U Don't Deserve Lain
Matrix Was An Action Flick Wrapped In Platonic Concepts, Lain Gets 2 Much Deeper Places & You'd Agree If U Paid Attention

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-07-02-16h38m10s753.png (1520x1080, 1.21M)

This is the most midwit take Ive ever seen, just say u have the media literacy of a 3 yr old

Attached: FOKyq6XVUAAffiP.jpg (828x1029, 159.13K)

This is the presenter from the Lain-Gnosticism panel at AX.

Friendo tipped me off about this thread and the previous one, thought I'd hop in and answer some questions and/or discuss the panel and/or receive harassment.

Also, very disappointing you leaked my script OP.

Attached: 20220702_090021.jpg (2944x2208, 1.59M)

>Berserk is just Thus Spake Zarathustra
>Lain is just CCRU stuff.
They have similar themes but saying they are aping is extremely wrong unless you have something good to back it up.

This guy knows what's up.

>t. has never read Gravity's Rainbow

Oh boy. I can tell this is going to go well.

Attached: 1458807566506.png (500x500, 126.35K)

One thing dumb down here is you, dumb down to the last braincell

Don't expect it to go well either. It's been a long while since I've actually posted on Any Forums. Used it a lot in 2012 til like 2015.

I will be interested in hearing unfiltered opinions though, most people don't have the balls to give bad feedback.

>replying to pasta
>tripfag newfag made the autistic script
Yeah, I'm out of this thread before I get cancer.

What mythology have you been studying, exactly?

i'm using trips how they are intended to be used though :(

Ur in Any Forums trust me you already have cancer

we all know you're still here, reading my post

So in which part do you start asking for donations?

If Lain Was A Greek Goddess, Who Do U Think She'd Be? Putting My Money On Achelois.

Attached: Achelois X Lain.jpg (2200x1080, 391.34K)

I don't really think the show is really about nihilism despite using the concept super heavily thematically. Having seen the show multiple times thoughout my life it seems more and more like a gangbang of Lacan/Deleuze ideas like the Mirror Stage, Plane of Immanence, Society of the Spectacle, and Body without Organs with a shit ton of Gnosticism concepts sprinkled in.
Alot of people also seem to have the opinion that the show is absurdist at its core but I've always felt like it had lots of symbolism and occult themes; one of the most important/prevalent aspect probably being this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triune_brain
It might be a super fringe take but I've come to believe that the show utilizes gnosticism as a major theme most primarily, and my opinion probably has to do with the show's utilization of the holographic principle, "As above, so below" from Hermeticism, and indeed Hermeticism is also part of Gnosticism.
The show is ultimately about the brain and our mind (consciousness), that's why the penultimate episode is called Encephalopathy and the last one "Myth", because what the MC goes through is his own experience, his development of Consciousness, his journey, in Alchemy called the Great Work, Alchemy being part of Hermeticism, and of course of Gnosticism, and after all the Nag Hammadi discovery inspired a lot of popular art, like Philip K. Dick, The Matrix, or Lain; it wouldn't be too far fetched to lump in Texhnolyze with 'em since it was made by the same group of people as one of them.
People who think the show is about nihilist centrism are plebs.

I work for a living.

Hekate, but not from the Theogony, rather from the Chaldean Oracles.

>litter.catbox.moe/yt1h31.pdf
Pathetic. Your last thread got killed off.

>SEL as myth. That is to say, not simply as a fiction
or piece of 'mere' literature, but neither as a literal historical document. It is neither simply fiction
nor fact; instead, it is a mediating narrative between an abstract system of ideas and the everyday
world embodied in a particular narrative
Nigga that is literally all of fiction