Ignoring the Cell arc, was Dragon Ball a 10/10 series in its original run?

Ignoring the Cell arc, was Dragon Ball a 10/10 series in its original run?

Attached: 81vCD31+5FL.jpg (1400x2100, 372.87K)

Dragon Ball was never good

Dragon ball is the greatest fighting manga of all time.

Not a argumento

Yea, sure.

It is even with the Cell arc. It's still watchable today.

Dragon Ball gets terrible the moment trunks slices freiza in half. Goku travelling around and fighting one of weirdos was fun, then he just starts teleporting everywhere and flying around the earth, everything on the ground doesn't matter anymore. He just flys past all the interesting side content and goes straight for the main story.

>Was it 10/10?
>No it wasn't
>NOT AN ARGUMENT
What are we doing here, seriously

Ignoring the buu arc it is

Gentlemen,

This latest movie was practically MADE for /dbs/ and the members of THESE HALLOWED HALLS to enjoy.
A quick recap
>Jiren gets some screentime and we're told how great he is
>Vegeta gets the 3-0
>Goku despite losing isn't a bitter cunt about it, showing IMMENSE character and likeability
>Piccolo gets TWO new forms and gets a chance to shine
>Gohan gets a new form and a chance to shine
>Android 21 is canon now and is done so in a way it's non-intrusive or obnoxious
>Beerus got shown to be heterosexual BTFO'ing all faggots by proxy
>Broly got yet another movie appearance and is shown to be worth training by and with literal Gods
>Cell shown to not only be remembered, but worth creating again with current age tech
>Bulma gets a new ass or something I don't know I don't listen to women speak
I could go on, I really could. It's such a great movie for the gentlemen who reside here.

Oh and added bonus: Who didn't show up, get mentioned, or get any screentime?
Shitgang
TOP KEK

Good day gents

Attached: Turles.png (443x451, 118.27K)

It should have ended after namek.

It's still the manga with the highest average volume sales of all time. This is decades ago when anime and manga were no where near mainstream

Yes.

Dragon Ball's tournament arcs were fantastic, I fucking love Goku fighting Roshi and both of them showcasing their ridiculous weird abilities. Piccolo Daimao arc is also great because there's legitimate tension and you feel like there are real consequences when people fuck up instead of just going "lol Dragon Balls."

Z had a lot of great moments too, like when Raditz first showed up and tanked Piccolo's blast and then wrecked Goku in one shot, it really set the tone for how tense and palpable the Saiyan threat was. Freeza was a fantastically sadistic villain who just made you feel uncomfortable doing shit like jerking Krillin around on his horn and licking his blood off his face like a fucking freak. After that the quality took a definite dip from the moment Trunks showed up and sliced Freeza.

>Dragon Ball's tournament arcs were fantastic
Tournament arcs are fantastic when you're a 10 year old kid.

>reads shonen
>complain about 10 year old kids

I feel like if Dragon Ball ended on Namek, its legacy would've been a lot more stronger than it is today. As the series dragged on, Dragon Ball eventually became bastardization as Super turned Dragon Ball into everything it was accused of: plotless fighting and colorful hair transformations with ever increasing illogical power scaling.
>After that the quality took a definite dip from the moment Trunks showed up and sliced Freeza
I always had thought Trunks read like a fanfiction character when you go from Saiyan > Namek > Androids.
>Super Saiyan was hyped up throughout Namek as a once in a millennia omen that Goku achieved by being pure of heart
>Freeza was hyped throughout Namek as being a threat beyond a threat that Vegeta was pussyfooting around the entire time and Freeza delivered by being a raid boss his entire fight against Vegeta, Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo and Goku

Then:
>Freeza's back, he brought his daddy who he mentioned was another rivalling strength to him, Goku isn't here, everyone's shitting bricks
>Oh well, here's a new character, he fights with a sword
>Introduces himself by literally nothin personneling Freeza's henchmen
>Oh, and he can turn into a Super Saiyan and makes quick of Freeza, who was implicitly powered up by being BORG'd, as well as his daddy
>Oh yeah, did I forgot to tell you he's a time traveler and the love child of Vegeta and Bulma (who traveled to Namek herself to resurrect Yamcha)
Say it out loud, a Half-Saiyan time traveler with a sword who can transform into a "special" power-up that the MC was given at the culmination of an arc and the love child of two characters who had next to no interaction.

I liked the Android arc as a kid, but now that I'm a well-adjusted adult, I can recognize the Android arc was beyond retarded, even by Dragon Ball standards.

Pain's invasion. That's my counterpoint.

Majin Buu saga exists so no
Also, Namek saga went downfall except from some kino moments in the final

The Majin Boo arc plain sucks. There's no tension, no feeling of "oh shit we gotta' act NOW!" because the enemy simply isn't frightening. All the tension does not come from Majin Boo being a genuine threat like Freeza, but by the heroes being SO GODDAMN STUPID, it's Cell all over again.

lol narutard

Looks like an easy victory for me.