Why was Fish-Man Island so hated in One Piece?

Why was Fish-Man Island so hated in One Piece?

Attached: FI.jpg (731x722, 340.47K)

boring, lame villains, it felt likes there were little to no stakes. Seeing how strong and untouchable the strawhats where after the timeskip got boring after a while. The merfolk in general weren't that interesting, I don't really know why. Reading it week to week also probably didn't help

Racism

Attached: N.jpg (1280x720, 88.94K)

Weak villains and it was boring to read it weekly when the Strawhats can just nuke the enemy group from the beginning.

Reading it in one setting? Underrated arc.

i thought it was a throwaway arc to re-introduce the cast and their new powers (which some of them never use again). i dont get why everyone dislikes it, though i often forget it exists.

Vander Decken was cool, but yeah, Hordy and his crew sucked.

Start of nuPiece arc bloat. In hindsight it's not so bad, but coming off Marineford it was a major hypekiller.

>Vander Decken
>Saw 5 year old Shirahoshi and thought "Damn, I want that pussy"
>Tried to kill her constantly with his DF

Haki

Not to mention
>made this decision RIGHT AFTER HER MOTHER'S MURDER

Jesus Christ what a pedo piece of shit, like wtf

Dumb bitch you’ll never get a guy that loyal he knows he wants you even when you’re not a giant titty monster yet

shonen babies get nervous when action is not the focus of their series.

Attached: 4.png (905x545, 685.39K)

Fuck you dumbass retard, Shirahoshi was 5 the guy was 25

Because after waiting forever to see the strawhats show off their power in the new world (and two very fast paced arcs of impel down and marinford) we got blue balled for over a year with literallywho weak villains and miserably slow pacing

It was the start of Luffy wank while the rest of the Straw Hats are relegated to support. Nami had the most thematic relevance to the story and she’s relegated to one single quick scene of forgiving Jinbe. Also Chopper seriously sucks post timeskip.

It's another arc that is better when consumed in large chucks, but thats not to say it doesn't have flaws as well.
The villans weren't that intimidating, and we waited months to see fights that we all knew were going to be curb stomps. I get that Oda wanted to show how much the crew grew, but there is a balance you have to hit to make the action still entertaining, and I think he missed the mark. The worst of which was Luffy vs. Hordy. Even after several buffs to Hody and debuffs to Luffy, Hordy never felt like that much of a challenge. Luffy did more damage to himself trying to stop the Noah than anything he got from his fight. The twist that Hordy killed the queen was too weak and forcing the crew to seperate and regroup at the beginning felt like padding, since we saw the same thing done better in Return to Sabaody. There were also Marineford babbies that jumped into the series for the war and weren't prepared for actual plot development and made threads just awful. Reading Fishman Island now is a much better experience.

It was the east blue of post time skip, just an area for the crew to get their feet wet get it hahah

maybe people that read it as it was coming out were too hyped from the timeskip and had their expectations too high, I read it as it is recently and it's alright, it's comparable to skypiea

I am a racist and did not like their anti-racist message

Kino arc ,arguably the better written one on a thematic level (in fact I would argue it's straight up the best arc about the theme of the cycle of hatred i've read in manga) , sadly Marineford brougth in all the shounen fans who don't like it cuz "stakes, powerlevels and co"

Attached: fishertiger.jpg (500x279, 39.87K)