Sailor moon Tuxedo Mask Roses

Ok WTF was up with this guy and his roses ?
Like are they magic or what ?
I never questioned the paper magic of Mars since it looked powerful and stopped the monsters so the effect was self explanatory.

However WTF was with these roses.

PS: Mods Sailor Moon is a anime do not delete this thread.

Attached: Tuxedo_Mask's_Rose.gif (500x371, 742.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MehhmzE7Tzw?t=73
youtu.be/HN5-OD_jELs?t=68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: my job here is done.gif (540x405, 566.27K)

IIRC Mamoru had fuck all of his powers and wasn't really capable of even fighting until he merged with Moon Knight
but the meta reason is the mangaka has a kink for unreliable men so she intentionally made him useless

However what where they thinking with the roses.
Unlike the paper it does not look like it is doing anything.

>the mangaka has a kink for unreliable men
So thats why she married Togashi.

they don't do anything. his magic is so weak all he can do is conjure ordinary roses like a common stage magician, which is also what his outfit is based on

>they don't do anything. his magic
I remember them disinchantig monsters or pausing them some time however other times they do nothing.

I think they are supposed to be magic somehow, but the show's inconsistent about it. Like in the second episode he throws one in front of the hypnotized schoolkids and it freezes them in place for a few seconds. This isn't even a lazy animation thing either; Usagi gets weirded out by this and is waving her hand in front of their faces. Also in the last episode of the first series, Mamoru/Endymion/whoever seems to, like, fatally wound Beryl with a rose.

Tuxedo Mask is treated as a separate transformation from the beginning in the anime, unlike the manga, so I guess it's apower unless they retcon that later? I know in the manga he's at first just supposed to be running around in a normal tuxedo for some dumb reason, but then that early in the manga he doesn't even use roses so I wouldn't assume it's equivalent to the anime.

This guy gets disenchanted by it or something.
In like after getting hit he needs to reconstitute himself in a different way and then he gets nuked by moon. Like he needs to stay in his human form and he did not look like a simply object can pierce him.

youtu.be/MehhmzE7Tzw?t=73

Attached: Gum_Mario.jpg (360x270, 11.88K)

Looks like a visual gag rather than something meaningful.

For anime Mamoru, that's true.
In the manga, he did have an attack: Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber.
And he did kill Esmeraude. As well as Chiral and Achiral in a combo attack with Venus. Which makes him more effective than some of the senshi.

I do not know it does not look like a gag they used that balloon physics before.
youtu.be/HN5-OD_jELs?t=68

Roses Are Commonly Accepted As Symbols For Youth, Beauty, Power, Passion, Elusiveness, ...
Perfect Weapon For The Noble King Endymion, Who Instinctively Gets Called 2 Combat By Lordos Through The Sound-Waves Of The Minutiae Threats Of Destruction Of His Platonic City 2 Transform Valiant Feelings [Roses] Into Silver-Bullets 4 The Episodic Puppets, Abhorrent Flesh-Vessels Of Malice.
P.S: This Sequence Was Pretty, I Wish We Got More Of It.

Attached: TUXEDO KAMEN TRANSFORMATION.gif (260x195, 2.21M)

ok Kanaya

>Roses
I can not see them as weapons and SM was the show that made me take paper magic as real.

I was literally
>Oh Mars has an extra attack
As a kid and did not question it or know it is from shinto.

Either way the roses always confused me.

If I would to rework the anime I make the roses generate a dead space zone on impact that traps the monster for some seconds. Like generate a sphere of black space (inverted colors) that traps the monster or anything in it. I think this makes more sense then what we got.

I remember some villains simply stopping and looking when the rose drops somewhere on the ground not even next to them, in like some
>Dude WTF is this shit
way
Others get hit in the hand and ... I do not know they get a paper cut or it injures them magically.

Other times it looks like it disturbs some magic the monster has.

Very bizarre idea. And the fact that he either did talk and then get away 9/10 or simply did make some lame cane fight made it more strange.

Attached: ee3.jpg (540x1125, 72.54K)

>As a kid and did not question it or know it is from shinto.
They made it pretty clear that it's the exact same ritual she does a few times at the shrine's fireplace. Dunno, maybe the dub you watched cut it out or translated it poorly?

>They made it pretty clear that it's the exact same ritual she does a few times at the shrine's fireplace
OK. And as a kid I did not take that more seriously then any other cartoon that has witches or magic.

I was thinking it is a s real as Gargamel who uses magic. You know fiction. The fact she did it out of her alter ego did not really make me question it since I did see world full of magic and no cape shit division before.

Attached: Gargamel-smurfs.jpg (400x300, 31.71K)

They're magical, you don't have to know how they work, all you have to know is that it's super cool. Seriously look at how fricking cool Tuxedo is in whatever he does, that's unbelievable.

Attached: 875478754566.jpg (593x1280, 53.38K)

>They're magical,
Ok what do they do exactly ?
I mean sometimes they land in a unrelated are and everyone including the monster stops fighting and looks him talk.

>The fact she did it out of her alter ego did not really make me question it
To be fair, she isn't the only one with such an attack: Venus has a literal physical sword that she can use without being transformed. Jupiter is a martial artist and streetfighter. And Mercury just needs some soap and water to make bubbles that are just as effective as her magic attack.

Why Do You Call Me 'Kanaya'?