ITT: moments that ruined a manga

ITT: moments that ruined a manga

Attached: file.png (960x1361, 1.28M)

I don't get it. What happened to make everyone on this board so mad at Kengan Asura?

saved*

It was a pretty long and steady decline

Can a moment really ruin a manga if it was never good in the first place?

Hes literally one of the few good things left in Kengan

So terrible it killed the manga after one arc.

Attached: index.png (764x1200, 852.83K)

COPE

>CHADga
>not good
Dis? carded.

Sup sandro

Context?

Attached: 1655933360611.png (589x944, 952.36K)

its omega they're mad at. but
boy where do I even start

Hate when that happens

Old MC that was supposedly dead (even had a good send-off at the end of Kengan Ashura) returned and made the current MC who we've been following for 50 chapters irrelevant for the next 100+ chapters
That's just the tip of the iceberg

Go on...

It's not that simple, you have to read Ashura then Omega in order to understand what happened, but Omega basically made Ashura's ending completely pointless, butchered Omega's mc along with countless fan favorite characters, and made all the "bad guys" to be pure jobbers all for the sake of "le subversion xd".
And that's only a fraction of the bad things that happened.

MC wants to get married
Meets a woman who was clearly expected to be the final bride.
Breaks it up in the most shitty way possible.
Next arc it's clear the author has no idea what to add to the story anymore and it tanks the reader numbers so hard it made the series get axed early.
It's just something you have to read to really understand.

Attached: index.png (764x1200, 719.13K)

Around 50 chapters in the whole ending of Ashura gets undone, later every single new character that has gotten hyped up for chapters and chapters job to old characters in their first fights, pacing makes no sense (one character runs in a halway for months), all the villains people liked get low diffed so now there are no stakes, the "good guys" get wanked way more than they deserve, including a clan of assassins that were moraly ambigious in the last series

This was the only good moment in the entire manga. Cope

Why does this seem to happen so often? Nips fucking up their stories, I mean.

Honestly I have no idea, its bizarre

Can't speak for Kengan Omega here since I haven't read it specifically, but my theory is in general it's the fault of the nature of manga serialization. Publishers and authors are incentivized to write stories in certain ways to garner broad appeal for one. But even worse, they're also incentivized to keep a (profitable) story going for as long as possible, even past any point the author might have planned up to/hoped to end on. You can't really have a cohesive narrative that's well thought out if you're being forced to keep it going, unless you are one hell of an author.

I wonder if there is some "first record syndrome" to it, a mangaka has a specific story he wants to tell, if he gets it made and its successful he gets pushed to do more/a followup, and he is out of actual ideas because he only really had one arc/series to tell that he has thought about and planed for years.