Let's be honest for 1 second

It WAS a shitty Pokemon rip-off and I say that as someone who loves the series

Attached: Digimon_Digital_Monsters_Season_1_DVD_Cover.png (266x375, 245.79K)

Tamagochi predates Pokemon, also Digimon is the only one that actually has soul from all these 00/10s kid adds. Also the lolis in Digimon are the best because they feel and behave like real children.

I love Digimon girls. None others from the big kodomo franchise get me going like they do. There is something just... so right about them, you know?

Attached: 1450396326734.jpg (600x612, 365.48K)

Retard.

>shitty
>when Pokemon season 1 ends with Ash jobbing in the league to his recolor clone
>meanwhile Digimons tells a coherent story that leaves everyone satisfied

Charizard disregarded Ash because he was weak.
Skullgreymon went berserk because Tai pushed him too hard.
They are not the same.

>everyone becomes a soulless wagecuck
>satisfied

>Tri
>counting
02 showed them accomplishing milestones in the future

The Pokemon anime was / is/ and forever will be absolute bottom of the barrel shit. It consists of nothing but filler and advertisement vehicle for the pokemon of the games, of which it also does a poor job. Answer me this anons, for how long has Ash been 10 again and how old are you? Exactly. And the biggest joke is that the pokemon anime has liniar continuity and yet not even one year has passed since then... they can keep milking this until we die out of old age anons. Digimon is better by design of being self contained 50 episode seasons that always, and I mean always, try something new and to reinvent themselves with each season from the ground up. Also the chicks are sooo hot.. even the Digimons are so distinct and interesting compared to your average poorly designed poke blob that might as well be the same thing as they got no personality if they ain't psychics or ghosts that are at that point just low evolution Digimons.

Attached: 1508278657771.jpg (493x471, 36.56K)

Pokemon is full with hot chicks retard

Attached: Jenny.png (850x900, 698.29K)

>mass produced clones
I prefer them to have a distinct personality and a character arc, not be forgettable fodder

Attached: 773a0cfc46beeb61c70cba2d5f0e62f8.jpg (1186x822, 149.59K)

Pokesluts are so annoying it kills any sex appeal outside of the games ofc, the anime counterparts are garbage.

One of the memories I have of my childhood was when the season 1 pokemon anime looped twice and finally we got the new season with the Kanto league. The Pokemon anime series aired only on saturday and sunday with a double feature from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm.

I remember how all my classmates and I got blueballed the previous sunday with the shitty olympic flame episode. A very fond memory I have was on Friday the next week, at 5 pm, everyone excitedly talking about how the league started tomorrow and how cool it was going to be.

I don't even remember the first league episode but just having that raw energy at 10 with the whole class making wild predictions of what's going to happen was a vivid childhood memory.

to be entirely fair
Gen 1 Pokemon (and the first 5 movies) up until Orange Island actually had soul. But then they kicked Shudo out , or he quit, dunno, and the whole thing became a shameless marketing vehicle owned by suits trying to maximize appeal at all costs. Starting AG the Poke world becomes much much more sterile to broaden appeal to everybody.

I like the gen 1 Pokemon anime like I like a good slice of life, and honestly its success is probably what pushed Digimon to get its own anime to begin with, but in no way or form was either one of them a ripoff of one another, that was just dumb American children coming up with bullshit and having console wars, like the big 3 for example. The mon in the title stands for monsters and Pokemon is known in Japan as Pocketto Monstarsu to begin with.

Attached: 5da890ceea3f8779f445d5c4f40b6256.jpg (2807x3762, 938.03K)

heck, anons, you should have had gotten a clue when they removed Brock from the series and replaced him with some NPC cause the suits feared Brock would be too offensive to Americans overseas...

Attached: b6262857527c4f6cd0e47b2975a50db6.jpg (2894x4093, 555.13K)

meanwhile in Digimon, it was literally the wild west of kids anime of its time
anything went there, they did whatever for the original run of the franchise to varying degrees of success, but there was a vision, and there was soul, and it felt unique, weird, fun, sad, epic, and tedious... a wild ride. Pokemon anime could never compare to that, only normalfaggots preferred Pokemon over Digimon and everyone knew it. Yeah I fucking hated Pokemon, and was bullied, and was the weirdo kid in class, but I don't regret any bit of it. No joke, my dream as a child back then was to become a Digimon... and why wouldn't you want to be a Digimon? Beaing a Digimon is fucking awesome! Where as Pokemon looked lame, mega gay, and the same thing over and over on repeat. Mewtwo and his movie were cool though and the games are fine, but the anime with that faggot Ash and his assemble of annoying losers, no thanks. Freaking hated Team Rocket too. Horrible... the ranking went like this:
Digimon > Yu-Gi-Oh >>>>>> Pokemon
and if you disagree you hate fun

Attached: 1649432250098.png (860x909, 357.58K)

>leaves everyone satisfied
As a Taichi/Sora fag I can confirm that this is bullshit.

Haven't really seen Digimon, but Pokemon always seemed a bland and garbage franchise.

Digimon was the nicer anime, Pokemon was the nicer game.

This. Digimon had much nicer characterization and deeper backstories.

Pokemon has the hotter female human characters but Digimon haa some hot mons.

Attached: 1213d23049a4f617817666a2ff3d4843.jpg (7000x2800, 1.8M)

Offensive how? he was the only asian with slanted eyes in the entire series.
Orange islands was also daily adventures but I agree with the soul part. It really kicked out 10 year old imaginations into overdrive. I actually liked that Ash won the Orange Islands cup. That was the only win I remember for the little bastard and it fealt earned. That pikachu vs dragonite fight was the cherry on top of a great season. Even if Ash's bitch of a mom used the trophy he got from the league as weight shaker, it still felt soulful.

Angewomon was one of my first boners.

HEY DIGIMON HEY DIGIMON