Boruto: Naruto next generation

What’s up guys, Kishimoto here.

So when Naruto ended I realized I had told a full story with a definitive end and genuinely had no desire or ideas for containing it. So naturally I approved a sequel to be made with Boruto.

First thing was the manga, for the manga I decided the best choice for the artist would be Ikemoto. It’s important for a sequel series to have a passionate artist so Ikemoto was the first choice as he didn’t actually want to draw a sequel to Naruto and rather wanted to do a reboot of it, but after he agreed we sent him the script and it was a sequel and it was too late for him to back out (yes, this actually happened). Ikemoto can design good characters but he’s pretty bad at drawing children or characters I designed, and since thats most of Boruto he’s perfect for the role. Ikemoto specializes in drawing his type, that type being 12 year old girls who he draws like baby faced midgets dressed as prostitutes. Although the manga was decided to be monthly and he isn’t writing so he has almost quadruple the time to illustrate chapters than I did for Naruto, Ikemoto will make sure to never draw a double page spread even though most quality action series have at least one per chapter. For the writing we decided on Kodachi, a fat ass who threw around some good ideas for the Boruto movie but will eventually fail so hard at writing we’ll fire him.

Attached: E28D8849-1C3C-45E9-91BC-8733EDD1AF83.jpg (1075x607, 82.18K)

To start the manga off right we decided the first year would have Ikemoto making a manga version of the boruto movie, which already came out. I just felt like what fans really want is to read a poorly drawn demake of a movie they had already seen.

The Naruto anime ended up having over 40 percent filler because they had to avoid catching up to the weekly manga. So we decided to best bet with Boruto was to have a weekly anime adapt a monthly manga and start the anime just a year after the manga, just to make sure the Boruto anime will need far more filler than the Naruto anime ever did. Thankfully all this anime original content gives us time to explore things such as Chocho which the fans really are yearning for.

One criticism of the Boruto movie was that Boruto comes across as an ungrateful brat in the first part of the movie, though he has a character arc during the movie and changes. However this was enough to hurt his reputation. To make this better we decided the first 50 episodes of the Boruto anime will be a anime original prequel to the movie content, with the understanding that since it’s a prequel Boruto hasn’t had his character arc yet and will now behave like that for an entire year or the shows run.

We also had time to adapt light novel content, for example one light novel in particular had a bath sparring scene between Hinata and Hanabi which was popular among fans and generated some excitement for it’s adaptation so naturally we made sure to skip it when adapting that specific novel.

A common complaint of the Naruto manga was that after part 1 the rest of the cast aside from Naruto and Sasuke got shafted. To fix this, for Boruto we decided to try shafting the rest of the cast much earlier in favor of Boruto and Kawaki, leaving the rest to have content in the anime original arcs that leads nowhere and isn’t necessary to watch.

Attached: C0DA97F8-0B86-4EFB-AB46-F1E5456E0E5B.png (794x670, 1.08M)

One great aspect of Naruto was the traditional Japanese aesthetics, a lot of which is based on Japanese mythology. It adds an entire other level of meaning and atmosphere to the series. For Boruto we forwarded this by making the world more modern and introducing knockoffs of McDonald’s and game boys. Just to give everything a childish feel that reminds you of the boring suburban lifestyle you live in, a must for a fantasy series.

For a sequel series it’s important to respect the fan favorite characters who the audience grew up with and identified with, as well as introduce believable villains. Naruto was known for believable villains with deep backstories and understandable motivations. Since Naruto and Sasuke had grown extremely strong by the end of Naruto so for Boruto we made sure to introduce cyborgs and creepy alien weirdos with little to no depth who with little explanation are able to smash and humiliate both Naruto and Sasuke, who would conveniently forget how to use most of their arsenal. In order to let the next generation shine we decided to take the nine tails and rinnegan from them, because I truly believe what fans want is to see their childhood heroes have key parts of their development removed in order to nerf them.

Since Boruto is a monthly manga it can be tiring for readers to have to wait a whole month between chapters compared to the week they waited for Naruto. So to help ease this we try to keep the pacing of Boruto slow and regularly have chapters that give the reader a feeling of nothing or almost nothing happening. It’s important that after waiting a month for a chapter the reader often finishes it with the feeling that the plot barely progressed and they have to wait another month.

Anyway that’s all for today, hope you continue to support Boruto. Thanks.

Attached: 0EC5316D-AAF1-4508-87C1-0F3D755C03A2.gif (268x295, 1.77M)

Why does everyone hate on Boruto? It's not perfect, but it's nowhere near Fairy Tail levels of bad.

I don't remember Fairy Tail having constant character assassination and shitty on its legacy

It's far far worse. Like MHA/Black Clover levels of shit.

>The Naruto anime ended up having over 40 percent filler because they had to avoid catching up to the weekly manga. So we decided to best bet with Boruto was to have a weekly anime adapt a monthly manga and start the anime just a year after the manga, just to make sure the Boruto anime will need far more filler than the Naruto anime ever did. Thankfully all this anime original content gives us time to explore things such as Chocho which the fans really are yearning for.

Boruto has had 52 manga canon episodes.

It’s on episode 260. You can skip 80 percent of the show and miss nothing.

Boruto and fairy tale are way worse than MHA and black clover

The absolute state of modern shonenkeks.

Kill yourself, narutard.

If you have even basic ability to be object or even the slightest taste you’d understand.

>Cuckademia and BLACKED lover better than anything
Oh my sides!

kek, I know nothing about naruto but
>12 year old girls who he draws like baby faced midgets dressed as prostitutes
is spot on

Boruto has improved on its predecessor quite a bit. The filler feels like it matters. Theres a lot more action in the filler as well. Filler actually has a plot that actually advances some where that isn't painfully predicable. The source material is fun and interesting. If you liked Naruto and held on through the end Boruto is great for you. If you hate Naruto you are going to hate Boruto.

Attached: 1590351311341.gif (640x360, 2.11M)

Boruto suffers of the ninja world not having stakes anymore.

At age 12, Boruto had seen more action than most ANBU. Also he's a gifted little boy even without his multiple eye hax and his gifted little boy good behavior "star" given to him for killing an Otsutsuki. He even beats other gifted little boys such as Kakashi or Itachi and we are to believe he's useless anyway because of arrogance, laziness or plain carelessness.

The animators of Boruto hate Boruto as well. They have literally stopped bothering anymore.

Animation quality will always be a problem in any long running shounen.

Attached: 1634725746426.jpg (640x640, 27.3K)

didn't read a single word

Attached: d6484d315b2967724ef5264123219884.jpg (768x1085, 569.1K)

It's worse. Boruto is basically the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy of anime.

Exactly.

Boruto also inherited a fundamental problem of the development of Naruto, and it's that ninja were inspired by literal reality warpers. It's like the fighting mechanics and concepts of Dragon Ball started to creep in Naruto's universe, but worse, because it's not limited to launch beams of internal energy, they behave like literal wizards, fucking with space and time, matter, energy and the laws of motion and thermodynamics. Ninja, in this universe, are supposed to do all they do because they literally cannot be like the wizards they aspire to be. What purpose serves stealth, dexterity in hand to hand combat, melee weapons, agility and the like if you can summon balls of energy from your ass and casually destroy multiple cities if you liked.

What I want to say is that not only there are no stakes, what happens in screen becomes pointless anymore. Every time there's the smidge of danger, remember that wizard dad Naruto can flash himself to his son, yeet everyone around him in a 50 mile radius and return home for di- o wait he never actually left the village it was just a fucking clone.

damn juicy hags

Storm 5 when

Kek, Naruto sounds like a chad