Which manga did it best?

which manga did it best?

Attached: immortality.jpg (3264x3264, 916.34K)

Lumping those 3 with shit like Fumetsu is just insulting

Houseki is the best manga. Fire Punch did the immortality theme best. Fumetsu is okay. Frieren is shit.

FP>Houseki>Fumetsu>Frieren
I say this as the biggest Fumetsu stan on this board (the guy who dumps the new chapters)

Snoresnore no Frieren shouldn't even be on there

is Frieren really that bad? I remember reading like 3 chapters and liking it back in the days, I plan on picking it up again
I've read the other 3 and I was just forcing myself through fumetsu before dropping it at the school shit, FP & HnK are great though

I only read the first "arc" of frieren and it was good, but didn't push me to read the rest and from what I've heard the rest gets very generic.

Frieren's first arc is absolute god tier, same with Fumetsu
Only Houseki no Kuni and FP actually kept it good

It gets very boring pretty quickly.

how is this even a thread?

Attached: 1655402127859.png (1311x1867, 737.33K)

Houseki no kuni is great but I wouldn't call it an immortality manga, it doesn't address the actual time skips on any meaningful way other than to mirror it with how slow geological phenomena occurs, rocks don't really care nor feel time pass, FP incorporates it through characters like Judah & the Ice Witch & Togata, it also has a unique way of using film and acting as lore, it actually makes sense that if you live long enough your brain starts to derail and you slowly become a schizo like the star wars bitch
Fumetsu & Frieren are on the same tier for me, with Fumetsu being a bit worse because it felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be, at least Frieren never had any pretension of some intricate mystery plot when it started.

It's great but popular so you know how it goes.

>I wouldn't call it an immortality manga
The suffering of the gems (which is what Phos spends the whole manga trying to end) is caused by lunarians who are trying to create a human (to end their immortal lives). It's a pretty central theme in my eyes, even if it's not as over the head as Fire Punch where Fujimoto mentions it every chapter.
>rocks don't really care nor feel time pass
This is true for most gems, including Phos at the start. But later on Phos seems to be acutely aware of time (as a result of the Lunarian eye), talking about how long it is and thinking about her plans in terms of time. She's the most impatient gem in the series (apart from cringeworm)

Attached: 1648053789247.jpg (1000x1436, 382.34K)

yea I guess I didn't see things through the moonies eyes, it really is central to them
I just hate them so much I don't even consider their struggles to be of importance when I discuss the manga, my bad

Did you really read HnK?

yes, i'm just stupid

Attached: 275.jpg (1920x1080, 115.18K)

I hate the gems so much that I don't even think about their struggles beyond phossu

Attached: 1640568161342.jpg (3005x1694, 1.14M)

I love Dia though

Attached: hxZuk3Z.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

You can't just blame contrarianism every time a manga you like gets criticized.

watch me

>which manga did it best?
none of them

Attached: Blame!.jpg (446x321, 46.37K)