Is Naruto actually good or is it just nostalgia

I've never been able to get into Naruto when I was younger because I felt that it was either confusing or boring. It turns I was either watching the wrong series( Naruto Shippuden) or watching filler.

I've find that you can watch Naruto Kai which is Naruto without all the filler. It makes me wonder is Naruto actually good or do people like it because of nostalgia. Also is One Piece with filler i.e. One Pace better?

Attached: Naruto.jpg (1920x1080, 226.81K)

Naruto isn't good.
But Naruto has a lot of interesting concepts that could have been used to make something good by a better composer

Kill yourself, narutard.

I've never seen Naruto. I'm just wondering it's worth getting into.

every arc is about naruto getting stronger to beat the bad guy. the main motivations and relationship between the two main protagonists are frustratingly unrealistic/contrived and immersion-breaking.

arcs will usually end in a pretty shounen way. personally i hate shounen and i graduated to hxh around 2015 and never looked back at the pieces of shit that were naruto, one piece, bleach, etc. despite the fact i loved naruto in like 2010.

>Naruto Kai
JUST READ THE FUCKING MANGA

I don't like reading.

>Naruto when you were younger
>Shippuden
You have to be over 18 to post here

Was incredibly based in part 1 and the first half of part 2, genuinely peak shounen. Then it sort of devolved into friendship spirit bombs and chakra mechs, with very little awesome ninja shit and some extremely abhorrent narrative decisions (actually Itachi was a good guy and he murdered every man, woman and child in his clan because of an alleged coup and his parents were actually okay with it even though they were the ringleaders and also obito helped out so it wasn't really his fault entirely etc).

And then madara gets backstabbed just as shit is getting really good only for the the actual final villain to get bonked in the head by fucking sakura

I'm still mad and no I'm not reading boruto

I'm assuming you mean up until the Pain arc. Also I've heard Boruto is trash.

Pain arc was great with some real dramatics. I can't put my finger on exactly when it tanked because there was always some good shit sprinkled throughout but it was somewhere around the start of the World War arc. Even then Sasuke-Itachi vs Kabuto was fucking great

Time has passed.

>is naruto good?
Do you really have to ask such a stupid question? No.

>genuinely peak shounen.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
How is it even possible to be this delusional.

The first couple volumes of Naruto is fucking good. I'd say the Ninja war is started dropping in quality. It was a fun read though.

Cringe hiatusxhiatustard

Are there other, similar titles you feel are worth getting into?

See you already know what the actual best battle shonen is. FMA also shits on naruto.

One Piece. One pace in particular as I don't want to watch filler.

This is rather subjective, but really Naruto himself is a Mary Sue.

It’s not because he’s overpowered. That actually has nothing to do with Mary Sue-ness — the two often coincide but they aren’t related.

Naruto is a Mary Sue because everything is about him and the validation of him. This wasn’t so much the case before Shippuden — and specifically its later arcs — but look at him now. He is the last relevant scion of a great extinct clan that was important in the foundation of the current global system of government. He is also the Chosen One. He is also the reincarnation of a demigod. He is, in fact, the centerpiece of all of shinobi history. He converts everyone he comes across into worshipful followers by spouting platitudes at them for five minutes, or just by allowing them to bask in his radiant warmth. The series’ moral compass operates solely through his personal opinion, and the reader is expected to side with him on everything — like every “good guy” in-universe does sooner or later.

The world bends to accommodate him. That is what makes Naruto a Mary Sue.

Well naruto is terribly written garbage so that isn't very surprising.

Just watch it and see for yourself. When it comes to stuff like Naruto you'll get such mixed opinions and responses that it's not evacuation worth asking. Give it a shot and if you like it then great, if not then drop it and move on with your life. The fact that so many people think there's something good about it means that at the very least, it's worth trying. Same goes for one piece I guess. Try and see if you like it.

Personally I thought Naruto was awesome until the last arc and one piece was awesome until the timeskip, but then went downhill. Though they still had their moments nontheless and many would disagree with me

>You've lived long enough for people to ask this question unironically

Fucking kill me

oh i forgot the story increasingly feels convoluted and ad hoc. it just becomes patently obvious that kishimoto starts making up shit that he thinks sounds cool. and it's sloppy

based

>noooooo naruto is actually good
>reeeeeeeeee