Death note is just worse breaking bad

recently started watching live action tv shows because of my girlfriend and holy shit, how are there so many fans of death note when its writing goes absolutely stupid? l and light are so stupid and uninteresting in the face of its parallel dynamic of walter and hank. holy fuck. i think this revelation just made me quit anime forever.

Attached: 1.jpg (1278x720, 61.87K)

Of course it's going to be better, you have a room full of writers. I recommend you watch succession.

dont most anime have several writers as well, with a lot of writing contributions made by storyboarders and stuff?

The show started 2sucking after Gus died

Death Note was a manga, written by one guy and illustrated by another.

what if walter had a death note though. it would be a whole different story

things would have been a lot simpler if he had a death note. gus threatening you? dead. person pissing you off? dead.

Walt would find a way to have Jesse ruin everything and still refuse to let Jesse get his comeuppance.

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are the pinnacle of TV storytelling. But yeah, western writing tends to mog anime and manga largely cause it's actually written for adults, and they put way more care when it comes to the details, set ups, and pay offs. Like, people get all teary eyed over a Silent Voice, but then there's Whiplash and Me Earl and the Dying Girl over in the west that deliver equally emotional messages with far more realistic and complex characters. Black Swan too...

Japanese writing tends to also rely heavily on the KiShoTenKetsu, which can read to things feeling very asspully, as you'll suddenly have a twist that was never set up or foreshadowed, and they'll use s flashback or whatever to rationalize it. Kimetsu did this with the Hi no Kami Kagura for example, and the lack of proper set up for that technique killed the story for me.

walt is a bastard and he deserved everything he got. what a fucking mess up. so fucking stupid and prideful, every moment he was on screen i wanted to rip his stasche off him. fucking disgusting piece of trash.

how depressing. im really wondering what show can even compare at this point? parasyte? maybe????

Best tv series in history

breaking bad is just a shitty soap opera full of retarded plot wholes and cliches but marked twords males. it's made in abyss tier and should not be considered good by anyone with a functional brain.

I don't think anime/manga are as well written or deep as good western TV/movies but I enjoy the style and ambient sexual fetishism it brings to the table

clearly you have never seen how to get away with murder or code geass?

code gayass doesn't take itself seriously at all making it way better then breaking bad

You need to watch/read more things that aren't anime but also more anime/manga, because there's easily stuff that rivals Breaking Bad

on what earthly plane do you think gayass didnt take itself seriously with that angsty Shakespearean crap?

I agree. If only we could have the best of both worlds.

No western TV show is as well written as Liar Game (disregarding the ending)

Has breaking bad fags always been this onnoxious ?

>shakespear=serious
you have to be 18 to post here

Breaking Bad is largely considered the best show on TV ever, though the first few seasons of Narcos, the Wire, and Vikings could compare, maybe... The only things that rival it are probably in cinema.

As for anime and manga.... Monster is the closest you get really, and it's still not as good. If you really have anything that actually holds a candle in richness of characters, theme, and symbolism, I'd like to hear it. Not OP btw.

normalfags begone

Most anime are based on manga. And the majority of manga, if not all, are written and drawed by one person with the help of an editor and an assistant.

Shows like GTO/Honey and Clover/Nana may come close, but they are in no way on par. It all comes down to what Animation is used for, low tier stories that wouldn't see a proper budget for a live action.

Trump won. Get over it.