Do you support the official release of manga you like?

Even if it's just for smaller series just getting off the ground. Seems like you could even buy digital versions of Japanese volumes, and it could save those that are floundering.

Attached: rip.png (945x809, 430.56K)

fuck off retard

I don't buy localized trash

From the sounds of it, getting sales in the Japanese version is more important. Importing is particularly expensive nowadays, but digital is dead cheap.

HGC...yes...my favorite manga...HGC...

Honestly yes
Although I generally dont order volumes unless it's a series that I have come to really like
>Mato has been delayed again until Aug 16th
Fucking hell

Mato canceled??? It's incredibly popular in the west how did it fail in Japan?

>Mato canceled???
No

>HGC
Clearly the abbreviation for Mato Seihei no Slave, idiot
About that, the new chapter should be put by tomorrow (for Euros and Burgers anyway, because Mato comes out on Saturdays in Japan because time zone)
And hot damn thank God that the month long break is over

HGC-=Hinowa ga Crush

Its a sequel to AGK

>OP cutting out the most important part about gaijins buying international vols being the only reason the series didn't get axed back in vol 1
I hate it when people cut important parts to fit their shitty narrative.

Attached: 1656097307666.jpg (1192x3368, 678.59K)

post the other half, he clearly talked about it not being popular enough with the japanese audience it stayed afloat only thanks to international support

I wasn’t really cutting out anything for some purpose, I think it’s made clear that while Western support helped it stay afloat, the lack of sales on the Japanese side is what ended up killing it. Apologies, I had no intention of being misleading.

>I wasn’t really cutting out anything for some purpose
So why did you go through the extra effort then? You could've easily just taken the original statement and not edited it.

Hardly because most of the time I don't like to buy ongoing series because 1) I don't know how big the complete series will be. A 15-volume, localized series is already kind of expensive and, while the japanese version tends to be cheaper the shipping tends to make up the difference, and it's even more costly nowadays thanks to the restrictions; 2) I don't know if I'm even going to keep liking the series and the japanese are great at not delivering a good last arc to a story and; 3) When the series ends many of the earlier volumes are already out of print, so why would I bother getting the incomplete series?

Because I wasn’t really focusing on the which series it was, just the overall message. I was afraid the topic would settle on talking only about HGC. But as I reread the post, I can agree that just posting both images would have been best.

i did growing up, the same with comics. but then 2005 happened and i lost all my shit. being pirating ever, since given my eyes were opened to how shady the western anime/manga localization business is, even if that's not directly relevant to this discussion. anyway, if i'm spending money on something i like, i'll import the anime, ater a dvd/bluray is released. for manga, i generally already read it translated--if i enjoyed it i'll import that as well.

>Fan translations
>Preserve the story as much as possible

>Official translation
>Change and censor the story as much as possible
>"B-b-but if you don't love all of our censorship then it means you're a bad person and you hate the author and you want the series to fail!!!"

If it was ever possible for Western troons to just not censor shit for no reason I'd buy it easily, but it literally isn't possible for Western translators to change everything in a story on a whim.

Last manga I bought, the translator fucked up huge parts of the story for literally no reason. Official translators have a huge ego problem and can't be trusted, they're all faggots who want to put memes in their translation, and want to be congratulated for it. At least fan translators aren't insulated entirely from their own shitty choices.

Attached: FWV1WQRWAAE7Sss.jpg (1984x1522, 515.43K)

I don't actually care about the well-being of these people. I buy shit because I like it.

You were lying and you were caught.

Cope. I have all Mato volumes and will be getting all Chained Soldier volumes too.

nah mang, I try to be straightforward, it's more enjoyable for me when people discuss things seriously.

Im not reading all that image but I only buy box sets or hard cover versions bc those are cool

I will continue buying the fist of the north star hardbacks and I don't give a fuck if its translated by trannys I've waited so long for a full run it better happen same with yatsura.

>Thanks to you and others who bought the international editions of the comics, I was able to continue the serialization a little longer.
And returning to the point of the first set of paragraphs, if every one of those people had bought the raws instead, it probably wouldn't have ended at all. He said in no uncertain terms the publisher only looks at how many sales it generates in Japan, and this directly translates into the author's fees. Localized editions are just a bit of side cash. Nobody's saying that buying them does nothing, but there's no debate that buying raws does more for the longevity of the manga.

Title changes aren't uncommon. Could it be censorship? Sure, but it can very well be the much more common "Hmm, we need a localized title to grab our readers attention and the original sucks (to us)".

Nooooooo not Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu.. why did it have to happen to us, bros? (and why haven't I heard about this)

Having slave in the title is a lot more eye catching, more interesting, and more faithful to the original than bland, generic "Chained Soldier"

>Having slave in the title is a lot more eye catching
yeah it'll catch the wrong eyes and get cancelled on twitter

why's accurate translations of some pervy series like mato matter that much?
besides it's on j+ you can easily get raws from there and TL it yourself if you don't like it

Can we start beating it into children that the swastika was stolen and that it's only unacceptable in the singular context that is "nazi glorification"?