Bastard!!

Has anyone else watched it yet? I just finished episode 1 and it was better than I expected for a shitflix anime

Attached: bastard.jpg (1000x1481, 239.88K)

I'll definitely put the production on the same tier as Jojo. Good art direction and design saves rather mediocre animation.

It's amazing. It's just a shame the manga is still on hiatus.

Saw the first episode its utter shit compared to the original, they changed a lot the characters, the history, the dialogue, the world. The only thing i liked was the spells.. everything else feels so bad

I thought it pretty cool. I haven't finished it though. Sort of taking my time with it.

Attached: BASTARD!! Heavy Metal Dark Fantasy - S01E01 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv_snapshot_04.23_[2022.06.30_04.55.02].jpg (1920x1080, 193.7K)

I would say the animation is much better than Jojo. Lots of very well animated explosions and hand drawn big monsters (which are notoriously hard to animate). Plus, unlike Jojo, little to no QUALITY.

Comparison

Attached: 20220630_120132.jpg (1493x1920, 550.33K)

>Good art direction and design saves rather mediocre animation.
Am i crazy, cause it's the complete opposite for me. The BG and environment design, the art direction look extremely plain. I give them props for having consistent animation from start to end, with a few stand out animation here and there. I expected way worse from this show, and i think it was an above average adaptation. Also, damn i like the op.

This. Retrochad can’t stop winning.

Yeah, aside from some few stand outs (like Arshes' dream) the backgrounds are nothing to write home about, but they're not bad either. What's great though imo is the color design. I find the show very pleasing to the eye in terms of colors.

booba or no booba?

Well he's gotten hotter.

Old OVA looks QUALITY af

Attached: 20220630_120124.jpg (1492x2400, 739.4K)

They really took some liberties with the english sub translations.

If you downloaded the torrent, switch to the second english sub track. The default one is the subtitles for the dub.

Finished watching the 1st episode.
Is the boy also the mc? Or is he just a plot device that stops Schneider from being constantly on the screen and overpowering everyone with his manliness

how can this shit be "seinen"?

They share the same body and basically what you said is right. Although Lucien gets less screen time as the series goes on.

Guess it also offers contrast so DS himself seems more Chad in comparison.

>Although Lucien gets less screen time as the series goes on.
That sucks. I thought it would be more like DN Angel where the guy who is a vessel for some sealed chad later on learns how to be a man on his own, without relying on his chad alter-ego

I'm surprised there has not been controversy about Bastard!! yet.