Dragon ball GT was unironically great

Dragon ball GT was unironically great

Attached: 75489e86e5dfd5a5fcc3ab010d5aa627.jpg (960x720, 70.99K)

i bet that vegetta's daughter is a whore

all saiyan women are
only Krillin's daughter is pure

how the fuck this thing turned into that super cute trad girl?

Attached: marron.jpg (213x160, 16.16K)

puberty

Unironically yes, I'm rewatching dragon ball with my family and the part I expect the most is GT.
Z is already well known for its action, but GT is the comfiest, feels like an entire farewell series just seeing how your characters are doing years later in a peaceful life until one more adventure crashes in and people start dying.

But it truly is the most melancholic, even as I watched it as a kid for the first time I felt nostalgia for it. Dbz doesn't make me nostalgic, it simply doesn't try to evoke those feels for the most part

why did krillin aged that much if he always trained

Looking back it really was, super is just so fucking awful at this point.

krillin has the age of goku like 50+

Dragon Ball GT will always just be wasted potential in my eyes, but the more Super as an IP continues the more I realize that GT really wasn't THAT bad.

Attached: 1643650570717.png (128x128, 36.21K)

Characters are better written
Its big ass crime is that its battles are boring

Toyatoro is just making bad fanfiction toriyama is senile and doesn't care for the story, just how much money he gets and worse Super wont end every company is thirsty for more DB since people don't care that they went fully 3D for their movies, its cheap to make and makes millions
So the GT ending is the best and only ending we will ever see

Attached: 840e2442dd6ce577364452ba6438c644.jpg (1344x756, 762.26K)

GT suffered from a weak start, but I liked the baby vegeta arc, and that final arc seemed really fitting to end the franchise on, just an arc addressing the consequences of overusing the dragon balls to solve every problem.
also the final episode was such a good farewell.
the music in GT was great as well.
I honestly never understood the hate it got

I love GT Kid Goku! Making him little was the best decision and it was cute!

Attached: goku_cel_scan_dragon_ball_gt_by_trachta10_dcca41m-fullview.jpg (1024x810, 89.81K)

GT was full of good ideas done in the shittiest way possible because only Goku and Pan were allowed in the spotlight (and then Vegeta near the end)

pan tummy

>I honestly never understood the hate it got
It came immediately after Z instead of being able to benefit from a content drought like Battle of Gods-onwards, and Americans got a really watered-down version of the show

>only Goku and Pan
Based!

Attached: PanGoku.png (640x480, 315.07K)

I think the hate comes from the American fanbase since they didn't have the original soundtrack, and the nostalgic ost with proper voice acting is 50% of what makes GT good.

Even back then it wasn't really that bad. Getting an entire "epilogue anime" is such a rare occurrence, it's something that would never happen today because it kills the possibilities of milking the franchise (though I'd have welcomed a full series of Goku junior and Vegeta junior)

It was overall better than DBS but I wouldn't say it was great

>it's something that would never happen today because it kills the possibilities of milking the franchise
Has that ever been true tho, with cashcows like DB its always bound to come back in some form

>feels like an entire farewell series just seeing how your characters are doing years later in a peaceful life
GT was just slice of life Dragon ball done well, I enjoyed seeing Vegeta take his daughter shopping and other mundane shit like that.
DBS in comparison is all fight fight fight fight, it gets tiring at some point, there's literally a whole sequence of episodes prior to the ToP where Goku just goes to visit his friends and fight them instead of it being a laid back period.

DB never truly died in our perception because it kept getting games, being televised and talked about all the time, but it really lasted like 15 years without an anime.
Only came back because of DB Evolution angering Toriyama enough that he decided to write a movie that didn't suck (and gave up by RoF)

At some point it was stated that it was not made by toriyama, and that he only made the designs
Then every mistake in the story was exaggerated in everyones head

Super is worse yet for some reason now people dont really care that the world is broken in all aspects not just in some

>Only came back because of DB Evolution angering Toriyama enough that he decided to write a movie that didn't suck
he actually cared about some western live action adaptation? that's like saying Watanabe came back with Cowboy Bebop 2 after the netflix adaptation angered him
surely none of them care for such things

Better 18 than whatever thing Super now has.

I seem to remember some user claiming he did give them input and ideas for the movie but they were royally ignored.
While not the same, Kubo from Bleach also got publicly angry at the Bleach Hellverse anime movie ignoring 90% of the ideas he gave to the writer so they care about stuff beyond their manga.

It truly is the star wars prequels of dragon ball

Pretty much every single thing that people complain about in super is done even more in GT and judging by most of the posts in this threads I doubt any of you has watched it recently.

>Pretty much every single thing that people complain about in super is done even more in GT
such as?
my main complaint with Super is how absolutely braindead Goku is, all he thinks about is muh fighting and having fun, he has no serious thought patterns whatsoever unlike Z & GT Goku who understood the seriousness of the threats he was facing against.

i liked the design for super saiyan 4, the fact that using the dragon balls had consequences and that they attempted to expand the lore of the saiyans but that's it, i hated everything else about it.

>Super is worse yet for some reason now people dont really care that the world is broken in all aspects not just in some
The Dragon Ball fanbase at large has this really bizarre relationship with the concept of "canon", in a way that people will eat up just about anything in Super just because it's CANON (while also not bothering trying to explain how the manga, anime, and movies clearly don't mesh together at all), but GT gets thrown to the wayside because "non-canon"
You'll also notice that many of these people are also feats autists who obsessively comb through the series for more wank material for vs. battles garbage

Attached: 1641552267106.png (2048x1536, 2.42M)