Why is Junji ito considered the god of horror manga when most of his best known manga like Tomie or Gyo are less scary...

Why is Junji ito considered the god of horror manga when most of his best known manga like Tomie or Gyo are less scary and disturbing than Chi no wadachi?
Oh and why tf Gyo is considered as a classic horror manga when it's just a b-movie type manga?

Attached: bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg (600x415, 143.52K)

They are both trash

unsettling body horror, I guess. it's the only thing he really has going for him
personally, I've never found Junji Ito's stuff scary, because the scenarios are always so extreme that it's more absurd than scary. like, if I was in one of his manga, my reaction to whatever was happening wouldn't be fear, but "yeah man, this situation really sucks, I guess I'll just die then"

Junji Ito isn't supposed to be scary and he's more of a comedy mangaka if anything

junji ito = based
Oshimi = closet transsexual

and it shows in both of their works

Because it's all horror themed.

Well I guess he's just overrated

>Chi no wadachi
It's suspense not horror.

Horror is meant to horrify, not scare.

No reliable narrators leave no room for a suspense.

that's what makes him humiliate junji even more

This

the repressed weirdo oshimi
vs
the self-assured eccentric umezu who gives no fucks

Attached: 2970.jpg (225x338, 25.46K)

Chad umezu is based even if his style is too old for me to hang

Btw if you consider all the eccentric artists do shit, you must not like much

Horror does not work on anime and manga

I like Chi no Wadachi too bro but it's not as scary as Ito.

i think its scarier than most ito stories honestly

Imo Chi no Wadachi (and Oshimi's works in general) fall into more "unsettling" territory. Not actually scary.

Because Oshimi is a hack.

>pic related
That shit, anyone who looks at that shit should go out in the street and start killing people. Because that seems to be what they want.

American students mentality

Chi no wadachi is a different kind of horror. It makes you feel uncomfortable and unsettling but there's no straight up horror moments
Ito hits with some ugly shit when you flip the page and that is more immediately scary.

It's stupid that it's enough to be called the gods of horror manga.
Someone know the average iq in japan?