Is true Fantasy dead?

Where did all the fantasy go? What happened to all my non salary men/school fag main characters? When did the magic die and become nothing more than a jrpg with stats?

Attached: x6.png (1070x1600, 456.27K)

Surely there still are actual fantasy series, right....?

nigger

Native isekai[/isekai]

Read more manga, there are plenty of amazing fantasy manga releasing right now.

We had a real-fantasy-no-isekai spoonfeeding thread that hit the bump limit less than 9 months ago. Lurk more.

Oh wow one thread! Shit, everything is fine and alive then!

Retard

They still exist out side the dungeons and dragon stuff, you just have to look.
>9 months ago
We actually had another one more recent than that

>one thread a year for real fantasy
>fantasy isn't dead

please be patient Any Forums has Any Forumsutism

Attached: 23z1ikjsd5f11.jpg (1125x2097, 185.17K)

>No actual stats screen
>magical rating stone exists

better?

I like how Frieren does it with the aura far better. Even though Frieren has gone to absolute shit.

Manga still exists even if it's not posted in a daily shounen jump general. teenbros.

I've noticed that native Isekai is far more common in gookshit than in manga. It's probably the xianxia influences.

You have non isekai fantasy airing this season and the most popular new manga in years is non isekai fantasy.

Attached: 5a490110558474e02da94c55e24fcb46.png (845x1200, 568.48K)

>anime/manga board
>it's mostly isekai, action, romance or slice of life
>heh fantasy isn't dead bros! it exists! we talk about it twice a year!
Uh huh

>most popular
But Seiren is #20 this month and there's 14 other non new things beating it? Also why does it suck now?

Native isekai is a native to that world dealing with isekaied outsiders.

It's dead because it's stagnant and boring.
It's mostly copypasting tolkien races but even the ones who aren't suck, with the feeling that they were made for the sole sake of being different and failing to capture any charm.
There's little reason to write everyone within their own native world unless you are going to explore the mindset and society of the people in there, and japan can't do political drama and intrigue worth shit, it's never been what they were good at. Magic, as well, has always been an afterthought in these stories, with poorly developed rules and little to think over, usually focused entirely in combat, almost often with elementary tactics or shooting beams in different colors.
Everything the creative minds of japan could conjure up for fantasy is already dead, the best you'll get out of it will be little things like made in abyss or ones heavily based around other cultures, like thunderbolt or whatever. The entire country is culturally a dead end for the genre after their initial, meager contribuitions. All that's left for them is to add their own life experience to it, which is playing videogames, being a salaryman, and lecturing about japanese morals and culture to unenlightened beings.

That's an interesting interpretation, but more often than not people associate stories with videogame mechanics to the isekai genre as a whole. Non-isekai stories with videogame mechanics are usually derivative of Isekai and share the same tropes, the only difference being the origin of main character. Take out the videogame mechanics from a native-isekai and you have a regular fantasy story, which is rare nowadays.

Have you ever read Four Knights of the Apocalypse?

Attached: 13 (1).jpg (1067x1600, 310.74K)

No that's retards. Native isekai is as I've said. that's just rpg mechanic fantasy
Some retard tried to spam his meme for months on end, it got boring.

I don't read anything by the seven sins guy.

*no that definition's retarded. some retard used o spam it in the isekai threads to try to make it a thing.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THIS BOARD EVERYTHING MUST BE SPOONFED.

Attached: YAMERO.png (1232x916, 942.76K)

>100 cucks