How come there are no iconic anime anymore...

How come there are no iconic anime anymore? Everything is some flavor of the month bullshit that gets forgotten in 2 months

Attached: AAAABVsypccxMtj9wP4_KDQhTuvZy4hjrPItMZxxnTuvETkePVqcqWcxlLvCF0MzaQy2T5VEb0MW0Aoc_ZvB6Dk181zQSju8RmdtHH6Q.jpg (1280x720, 89.66K)

and its your guys' fault. if you notice the Any Forums catalog is 80% moeshit that nobody knows about except basement dwellers

Niwaka thread.

this show was so boring lost me halfway through

WAKE ME UP

Attached: 1655988802533.jpg (3600x5760, 3.92M)

>Ergo Proxy
>iconic

Ergo Proxy is not iconic other than how the MC looks. As for your question if the same "iconic" shows were produced today they would be FOTM as well.

Ergo Proxy is your example? Really?

Because unlike in the old days most anime are good now

Kek, havent heard that for a long time.

Kill yourself retards

Attached: 1656014940047.jpg (1711x1233, 148.34K)

Have you tried not being a pretentious faggot?

>forgotten in 2 months
You're just retarded.

Being pretentious is a good way to increase the quality of seasonal anime. When everyone is pretentious, the industry will caters to them, and by then we will be free from the hellish landscape of isekai, romcoms and battle shonen

Otaku culture died after the failure of Kemono Friends......... think a lot of people don't want to admit it's such a shitstorm that it's impossible for the rest of the industry to not have shit landing on them.

You're delusional and retarded as well.

Do you expect gourmet shit or fine dining when you order some food from a street stall?

>As for your question if the same "iconic" shows were produced today they would be FOTM as well.
That is very unlikely when we talk about the "iconic" shows that flopped back when they were released and only gained a small "cult" following over the years from reputation, not whatever momentary discussion on the net of the inter at the time

Why am I delusional? This phemonena isn't exclusive to anime either, why do you think that the Capeshit Cinematic Universe has been stretched to 20+ movies now
Well, I expect food stall quality from a food stall, but I will be ecstatic if I get gourmet shit from a street stall, and if other stalls followed that street stall trend, I'm sure everyone would be happier as the result

Watch Id Invaded

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 77.55K)

>Why am I delusional?
Because you think your ridiculous posturing on the internet could possibly have affect whatever on the anime industry.

I want my street food to taste like street food, not to try too hard to become gourmet caviar shit

People nowadays love isekaishit, romcom waifubait escapist trash and obviously kiddy shonenshit

Yes, the industry need more writers like the author of this manga, since this guy has won literary prizes, instead of adapting works by hack authors that cannot make it in the industry and resorted to writing in Narou