Versailles no Bara episode 28

Just finished episode 28, WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T HE KEEP THE VENDAGES ON??? BESIDES FUCKING OSCAR COULD HAVE SAVE HERSELF, NOW HE IS GOING TO BE FUCKING BLIND FOR LIFE, also he is creepy as fuck sometimes, Oscar genuinely thought he was going to rape her.

Attached: animesher.com_lady-oscar-rose-of-versailles-andre-1337155.jpg (885x1182, 225.67K)

Andre is a retard, everyone knows that. He doesn't deserve Oscar.

>he is creepy as fuck sometimes, Oscar genuinely thought he was going to rape her.
What a weirdly puritan take. Context matters here, he didn't assault her because he was horny and couldn't keep it in his pants, he was emotionally distraught over going blind plus her renouncement of a possible future as a woman.

This is not a moment that betrays him as the creep he was all along, but someone desperate and in love, a love that's not merely possessive but caring, wanting happiness for the loved one. I think this is pretty tragically romantic to be honest.

Who does.

Of course, but at least in the subs I was reading, Oscar says ''do what you want with me'' or something.

What's wrong with that? Again, the context matters, these are shojo characters in 18th century France, with the expectations of what a woman and a man should be or how they should act vastly different from a modern perspective. This is what gives the work this (intentional) tragic and dramatic tone; you can't isolate the events from the context and just go ewww he's a creepy near rapist!!

''What are you going to do with me?, André''

yes you can. he betrayed her trust because he couldn't stop thinking about her hole

He didn’t know Oscar would be able to save herself. Plus, there was no guarantee she’d be able to escape. It’s also a romantic gesture making clear just how much he’s willing to sacrifice for Oscar’s sake.

I also hate it when people call Andre a rapist, ignoring the fact that he immediately regretted what he did. Not to mention also ignoring that Oscar secretly enjoyed it, which is exactly what mindfucked her and made her feel so conflicted about the whole situation.

You jest, but Andre is actually the perfect kind of man for Oscar. Oscar needs a calm, gentle man into order to reign in her hot-headedness and stubbornness where necessary. In other words, Andre is basically the “wife” in the relationship and any man who’d be willing to take that role while still being assertive enough to tell her when she’s acting out of line would be a great fit for her.

I suggest not analyzing every scene that has a sexual component with your cock, not only will you be able to appreciate more what's at play but you will also be in a more suitable position to call anyone a creep.

Andre die with this

50th anniversary this year, huh.

You can still acknowledge there's more than just sexual desire while still pointing out that it's nearly rape. Emotional complexity and setting don't stop it from being what it is, they just make it more complex

>50 years on
>still the greatest shoujo and historical anime/manga of all time and still feels topical while being barely dated at all
>its influence on anime and manga can still be felt today
>is considered near universally GOAT in every corner of the anime and manga community

How did this madwoman do it?

Attached: 315DE130-A1DF-46AB-B7EB-DA90DB3045FE.jpg (800x1067, 83.77K)

Yeah, it's so culturally significant that it's probably getting an unnecessary anime remake in the current day.

Soap opra melodramatic shallow garbage. Liking this doesn't mean you have good taste. Watch something actually good like logh

Don’t jinx it. You know they’re going to try it eventually (although according to Ikeda herself, the only reason Nagahama and Dezaki were able to adapt her works was because they were the only ones not intimidated by her artstyle).

Worse still, they could also potentially try A Netflix live action series.

LOGH was inspired heavily by RoV, by the author’s own admission.

>LOGH was inspired heavily by RoV, by the author’s own admission
Sauce

>>LOGH was inspired heavily by RoV, by the author’s own admission
Isn't it obvious? Both have androginous blondes as protagonists.

Nah, no live action, just Mappa. Honestly wouldn't mind a live action adaption if done right, but that's never happening the way an anime remake with the right staff would.

Also, the first 26 episodes of LOGH is more or less a watered down version of the plot of RoV (at least the Imperial side of the story, anyway).

>french revolution

>t. retard

Lactating Gay Homos belongs in the trash

The fact they are nothing alike. How can RoV even be watered down? It's so fucking basic, simplistic and cartoony that it can't be simplified

I feel for a live action RoV adaptation to fully work, they’d have to direct it in the style of Gone With The Wind. Complete with 30’s-50’s era Hollywood acting. Also casting a good Oscar would be tough— The other characters could be cast fairly easily, but Oscar needs an actress who could strike the perfect balance between being masculine and feminine all the while both looking and sounding the part (I’m imagining an English speaking Oscar would probably sound both husky and gentle at the same time).

>Andre is actually the perfect kind of man for Oscar. Oscar needs a calm, gentle man
A man who tried to rape her is not a perfect man. They should have stayed best friends.
If they both survived they would have eventually broken up