Minoru Furuya's Himeanole is the masterpiece that inspired Attack on Titan, yet no one has translated it yet

Minoru Furuya's Himeanole is the masterpiece that inspired Attack on Titan, yet no one has translated it yet.
I'll do a quick summary of the story and why it's the best depiction of a psychopath in any fiction ever.

Attached: 20220604_151934.jpg (594x388, 83.21K)

Himeanole begins as a stereotypical romace comedy, but 1/3 into the story it changea dramatically when we're introduced to the true protagonist, the psychopathic serial killer Morita

Morita is a psychopath who feels sexually aroused when strangling people.
He was brutally bullied in highschool, until one day in which he captured his bully, tortured him, and strangled him. Since then, he discovered his sexual deviation, and lived a boring life as a gambling addict who blackmails people into giving him money.

After spiraling out of control, giving into his murderous urges, he burns down his apartament and wanders through the city, searching for people to strangle.
Yet the story also show us his internal monologue, in which Morira expresses his self hatred, his dissatisfaction with society and his anguish over not being a "normal person".
Morita argues thay even tho he was bullied a lot, he was always a "strange kid" who could never empathize with anyone.
Morira begins hearing voices in his head and having constant nightmares.
He finally fails to kill his main target, and the police have identified him, it's all lost for him.
Exhausted, he takes a nap in park.

im interested

Morita has a dream.
In the dream, he sees himself as a sick person walking through a street. He's missing an entirr section of his brain, the area responsible for processing emotions.
In the dream, he goes to a surreal hospital in which he asks the doctor to fix his brain, in order to become a "normal human".
Morita, who is completely unable to feel any sort of positive emotion such as love, compassion, is represenred as having a gaping pit of darkness in his chest.

Attached: SmartSelect_20220528-130011_Samsung Internet.jpg (1057x1262, 508.25K)

He is told that his condition has no cure, and that he is doomed to be a psychopath for the rest of his life.
A dissapointed Morita leaves the hospital, and sees a black shadow standing across the street, which runs at him and stabs him in his heart.

Attached: Himeanole_screenshot.jpg (758x1320, 497.55K)

"How does it feel?" the shadow asks him.
"How do yoy think the people you killed felt? They were in pain and scared, just like you"
He keeps stabbing him, until Morita replies

"It feels like.. that day... on my way home from junior highschool.... the day I realized that I was not fully "normal"... the day I realized I was a sick fuck.... I was so dissapointed..."

Attached: Retribution.jpg (760x1230, 548.69K)

Sounds cool.

"... I was so dissapointed... I wanted to die on the spot... I wished to be forgotten... I cried"

We then see a spread of Morita's past. The backpack which carried his notebooks is on the floor, and he is sorrounded by mountains and rice fields.
Morita, a young teenager, who jist realized that he is mentaally ill, is crouching on the floor, shedding tears and asking for forgiveness.
In this scenez Morita's humanity, who never shows emotions and is always fukl of hatred, is strongky felt, and the sadness of a natural born madman is felt.

Attached: 05-1.jpg (800x591, 335.68K)

Morita confessess that all the killing has been for nothing, and what he truly wished was to be an ordinary man who could belong somewhere.
"Stand up!"
A police man chasing him has finally caught the psychopathic criminal.
But what he sees is a pathetic man laying on a park.
"Why are you crying?" the police man asks.
Sorrowful tears drop down from Morita' eyes as he wakes up.

Kino

The end

Attached: Why are you crying....jpg (1062x713, 410.97K)

Wait does it really end like this? Damn, I wanted more.

Now, how is this manga tied to Attack on Titan?
Isayama has said repeatedly that he considers Himeanole "The best manga he has ever read". This is because he was fascinated with the protagonists's complexity.
A natural born psycho who hates himself for being different.
He said that the sudden perspeftive change is what inspired him to do the Time Skip and showing Marley's side of the conflict.
But he also said that Himeanole greatly inspired the ending.

Isayama says he was inspired by Morita's character arc to write Eren's character.
Someone with a desire that is essentially impossible and socially unnaceptable, (for Morita, that is killing people, and for Eren, it is to get freedom).
Both Eren and Morita were "born" the way they are, this means, they were genetically predisposed to be the way they are.

Attached: 155dfda-2.png (640x484, 302.31K)

This inspiration lead to a lot of kino.
The scene in which Eren confesses to Ramzi is very similar to Morita's final monologue, in which he reveals that he lost all hope and was so dissapointed with life he cried, when he realized that there was something "wrong" with him.
Simmilarily, when Eren realized that there were even more enemies beyond the walls, he was so dissapointed that he cried, ans he wished every single one of them to be wiped away, just like Morita wished to die and to be forgotten.

Attached: f0dfcf0.png (1005x782, 342.04K)

Even the very first scene, in which Eren wakes up from a dream, and begins crying inmediately afterwards, seems to have been inspired by Himeanole's ending.
Ramzi asks Eren "Why are you crying?", because he can't understand Eren's language, but also because he can't understand Eren's position as a man chasing an unnaceptable dream.

Attached: 8547833.jpg (2133x1600, 833.93K)

i want to read this manga, how hard woult it be to MTL?

In Himeanole, the characters of the first chapters, represent the life of "ordinary" people. The life of the first protagonist, while boring and uneventful, improves when he gets a girlfriend and he becomes a happy man after narrowly escaping death from the psychopath.
This is contrastes with Morita, who is ugly, awkward, poor and to top it of a psychopath with a strangulation fetish.
Morita has always been bullied and belittled his entire life.
And so, the main themes of Himeanole are "the happiness of being a normal person", but then turns into "The sorrow of being a social outcast".

In the picture, Morita is having a dream in which he asks a policeman why do humans punish outcasts and freaks for just being who they are.

Attached: hime9-3-e1501134879415.jpg (399x384, 42.65K)