Has the writing of female characters in Shounen gotten better over time? It was awful in the early 2000s

Has the writing of female characters in Shounen gotten better over time? It was awful in the early 2000s.

Watching Bleach for the first time I found it funny how poorly the women were written for the most part. It's such a male power fantasy, the big climax of the soul society arc has our MC flying over to save the day, rescuing the princess and literally holding her under his arm like a piece of meat lmao. Don't get me started on Naruto either.

Attached: 0d35ee5a5dd519a19ca255b836e47abe.jpg (1476x2103, 294.78K)

No. Rukia was cute as a character. Nowadays you have >female power fantasy where they are le strong, but don't have even half the charm of classic shonen Heroines.

Bleach actually had women do stuff which is more than you can say about Naruto.
Women finally do get to actually fight now instead of being a useless waste of space.

Rangiku and Hinamori are joke characters in most fights tho. Fucking Orihime is just yelling Kurosaki-kun the entire time.

Yoruichi

You are a retarded subhuman, shonen manga as the name indicates is for boys/male audience why the hell should the autor waste any time in making females more prevalent to alienate the target audience? If you want anime or manga aimed at girls/ female audience there are plenty of them, now kill yourself fucking tourist.

Shonen's real moneymakers are adult women these days

I don't like female characters who do fucking nothing.
I want hot women who can fight or at least not waste screen time

Ichigo should have tapped that.

Ichigo should have tapped Nel(adult form) and his boss

more like adult women who act like children and are subservant to some 15 year old edgy teen or shota

What is wrong with having well written female characters in content aimed at young boys?

>Has the writing of female characters in Shounen gotten better over time?
Has it? Like where?

because no such thing exists, a well written female cannot act like a female and as such it's just a boy with tits. or rather if they do retain their female ness they are often bitchy and annoying mary sues

are you a retard? you're asking the same question as the OP

I'm asking OP to provide examples of these better written female characters from newer shounens, you tard.

False, you literally can't be more wrong.
Good for you, you are not a japanese teenager boy.
What's wrong with not having them? How does having a well written female character contributes more to the story than a well written male character in a manga made for males?

OP is the one asking that question in the first place bro... are you ok?

How does the mere concept of a decently written female threaten you this much?

OP is implying that female characters in shounen the past are worse then they are nowadays. I'm asking why he would think they've improved. Are you illiterate or something?

Literally made to be bend over a piece of furniture.

Attached: rukia.jpg (1000x1500, 98.25K)

Ichigo can play rough.

It doesn't but why are you so focused in a single aspect that's really don't needed in this particular case? Do you think you are any better than the mangakas doing their job or the market researchers? You also have to answer yet my questions, go ahead and enlighten us.

user you are incredibly obtuse

Picrelated is just an inferior gold digging bitch Lucy

Attached: one-piece-nami-bathhouse-scene-wano-anime-1227727.jpg (1200x628, 65.95K)

The the day Japan starts catering to the western audience is the day anime dies.

Attached: 1632278121202.webm (1920x1080, 953.13K)

Catering to China also sucks because shit gets censored constantly

Why must everything cater to females, including products aimed at boys? You're not even asking for 'well written' females, you're asking for Mary Sues. You wouldn't like a complex, interesting, well-defined female character who happens to be not that competent. And what's wrong about having products with male fantasies in products aimed at males? Are you going to start complaining about shoujo series having female fantasies?

Give me Lucy and Erza, they're both great chicks who get amongst the action. Bulma in the early Dragon Ball days was good fun too.

Attached: ZENxus.png (1024x576, 531.04K)