Why do people say chapter black was terrible when three kings arc was worse in every conceivable way?

Why do people say chapter black was terrible when three kings arc was worse in every conceivable way?

Attached: raizen.png (382x600, 346.47K)

People have no taste. Sensui and his goons were pertty good, I liked how some of the "fights' weren't all about battling and instead intelligence.

Because dark tournament was tip top tier.

That would require you to slog through Chapter Black first which is already a feat.

Something can be worse while another thing can be bad.
Chapter Black was bad, by the way.
Sensui was an interesting villain but is ultimately flawed when you realise he's the equivalent of a shonenfag on Any Forums who comes up with crackpot theories in response to out of context, incomplete spoilers of leaked panels.
That is to say, the revelation that there's a Chapter White in tandem with Chapter Black makes you realise he's just a hasty schizo who went off the deep end for looking at something he'd been continually advised not to observe (in addition to only looking at half of it). Couple that with boring Stand users who come out of nowhere then don't really do anything, the only one of Sensui's goons being recognizable being the gay one and Yusuke only beating him because O MY ANCESTRAL FATHER leaves a foul taste in your mouth.
Toguro wasn't some super deep or industry changing villain, but he was simple and that's all he needed to be. A stronk dude who turned his back on his loved one and humanity and seeks atonement in his own way.
By comparison, Sensui seeking to judge humanity in the way that he does just comes across as the petulant complaints and tantrums of a child who's angry that people do bad things without trying to look at further context or acknowledge the good.
Also helps that people actually had hope for the Sensui arc since he actually came across as a promising villain in the beginning. By Three Kings, most of us have mentally checked out and just want to get to the end.

>being recognizable
being memorable*

People don't say Chapter Black WAS terrible they say the ending was underwhelming.

Chapter Black was mostly fine. It only really goes fucking retarded during the Sensui fight.

> Starving himself to death

Couldn't they just fed him a beef? Why it had to be human? Human doesn't even has enough meat to feed a tiger so how would it satisfy a demon!

Dark Tournament was very simple and well executed. I don't think Chapter Black was bad. It's some of the best YHH has to offer actually. But the demon mode Yusuke? idk.

Sensui wasn't driven insane by Chapter Black, but by the Feast of Human Vices.

OH MY SEVEN PERSONALITIES was a lot worse than demon yusuke.

You either are a speedreader or you forgot the actual plot because it's been so long.

>one of my "personalities" is just a crazy guy with a literal fucking gun for a hand

Attached: 1406738853723.png (500x351, 258.25K)

Jesus I totally forgot about this
Literal schizo powers

The man was an extremely dedicated moral fag who based his entire world view around that humans are good and demons are bad.
His mind broke so he coped by having multiple personalities.
There are much more retarded things in manga or comics

I liked that the true Sensui Seven were his split personalities, but by the time they were introduced there was just no way to give them any more screen time without dramatically dragging out the arc. I think it would have been better if they all had their individual specialties like the dude with the gun. Kazuya? I can't remember his name, just Minoru and Shinobu. Anyway, each of the seven producing an ultimate weapon like the gun/like Kite's Crazy Slots would have been cool. Even just Shinobu conjuring them to keep up with Team Urameshi in the demon world would have been cool. But I guess by that time, he'd have no reason to struggle with them in a fight. The multiple personality thing is flawed, yeah. by the time it shows up it comes off as contrived.

>an extremely dedicated moral fag who based his entire world view around that humans are good and demons are bad
He was a mental child that never seriously thought about his morality or actions. Seeing muh bad humans just flipped his switch from humans good to humans bad.

I don't understand why people hate on it either. It's legit the best arc of the show even if the ending kinda sucked.

Kind of hard to see demons as anything but bad when your experiences with them are based on being routinely attacked as a child.

Sensui asked a demon why they keep attacking him and the answer he got was basically
>Just because. *shrug*
I'm being reductive but still

And let's not forget muh sacred energy and sacred energy armor.