Would it be fair to call Code Geass pretentious?

Would it be fair to call Code Geass pretentious?

Attached: Code-Geass-1.jpg (850x478, 153.67K)

No.

It’s chuuni if anything

No? The word you're looking for is flamboyant.

I don't see how it would be considered pretentious. Unless your one of those people that thinks the writers were comparing Lelouch to Jesus or something.

Out of many criticisms for the show, this one is most retarded.

Learn what pretentious means.

I don’t think the people writing Code Geass had any illusions about what they were doing, or thought they were writing anything with any particularly deep message. I think almost all of R2 aside from the ending gives off the impression of the writers literally making shit up on the spot.

No.

No because it doesn't take itself seriously

Holy shit CC has been watching Lelouche from the very beginning

Attached: Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion.jpg (1920x1080, 869.92K)

Attached: 1652075699136.png (1264x4892, 1.32M)

Attached: 3c2.jpg (680x959, 43.63K)

I don't even like Code Gay ass but calling it pretentious would be retarded

Attached: bb3.png.jpg (1280x720, 223.93K)

Attached: 1249718492892.jpg (640x680, 131.56K)

The anime where they put a helmet on a dog and legally declared him Zero? Do you know what the word pretentious means?

Code Geass is not pretentious. It knows exactly what it is.
It's fans however are the most pretentious faggots in the world with the exception of Monogatari faggots.

Understand there's a separation between Geass and its fans.

The Suzaku-Lelouch relationship is absolute kino and Im tired of pretending it's not. And I wouldn't say it's pretentious, the show feels very earnest even if it approaches the material with the subtlety of a brick at times they have no problem just shouting morals to you even if they are often obvious and dumb

As for the lead duo, a lesser show would cower out and make one more virtuous than the other, but no they are an absolute parallel the whole time. They share the same goal yet circumstances put them against eachother. They feed off eachother's hatred, along the way becoming more unhinged, violent, and uncompromising. It's only after losing everything they realize how stupid them fighting eachother was the whole time, and by that point they are both so evil they agree to a suicide pact to attorne for how royally they both fucked the world up. It's a very cleanly presented narrative
Code Geass' worst failing was not securing a season 3 for Emperor Lelouch and his Knight Suzaku
It may sound stupid, but I hold Suzaku as one of my standards for 'man on the inside who wants to change the System, but himself ends up being changed by the System characters.'

Attached: 9db4989d-910c-4e3d-92f7-8c14cf89432d.jpg (500x375, 55.89K)

I don't think I've seen someone on Any Forums correctly use the word "pretentious" to describe a series even a single time.

Fuck this shitty anime.