Why didn't colored manga catch on?

Why didn't colored manga catch on?

Attached: black_knight_bat_vo_9039.jpg (492x702, 89.92K)

yikes she ugly

consumes more resources and you can make bws faster, which helps wsj/wsj+ publish a lot of them at once

because the consumer would rather have 3 different manga all in black and white over 1 colored manga

Colour pages increase costs dramatically. Now that digital is common there are more colour manga

Expensive.

Terasawa's an ass man.

Attached: 72028304-dd24-4016-b748-4e4d82d99ebe.png (1395x2019, 740.77K)

more time consuming for the artist and more expensive for the publisher/magazine

You get them still sometimes. Especially with digital being a thing where you don't have to spend the money on printing in color. Ritou no Umi, Yuru Yuru, and Ryushika Ryushika for instance are some full color manga.

Cost of the product and the time it takes wouldn't make it worth it.
Also I fucking miss Terasawa's old coloring style. It never was the same when he went digital.

Doesn't stop companies from using a greyscale version in their digital magazines.

Attached: MonthlyAction2207_P521.jpg (1114x1600, 446K)

Yeah I hate how volume releases (and I guess some digital stuff too) just turn the colored pages grayscale. There's too much contrast and it makes it look muddy. Some magazines do have color pages, both digital and physical though. And some volume releases have color pages too, though usually only at the front since it requires a different kind of paper.

Takes too long when they need to come up with a chapter every week. Some series get full color releases later though. To Love Ru and Yuragi No Yuna come to mind.

Most manga isn't weekly.
Jump does release color and semi-color versions for many of their series but they are just colorated and not painted that way.

I think this is why many series nowadays shy away from using colour pages as an actual page instead of an illustration

The most common practice is to limit color pages to the start of a tankobon.
It also helps as advertisement since the a tankobon will be released around the same time as the chapters of the next tankobon begin serialization.

Mangaka already kill themselves releasing weekly black and white chapters. Digital made things easier but it's not enough to change the meta.

I guess theoretically they could have a dude who just does colors, similar to how American comics work.

This, it all comes back to simplicity and money. It could cost as much as 5 times more to do all color.

Back when Terasawa's coloring had soul

Attached: bf6b0631-0309-4b87-b2d9-a5db6624021f.jpg (1496x2046, 3.01M)

Too expensive, Jump and other syndications aren't going to shit out full colored chapters every week/month to put into those big fat magazines.

what is marvel
what is dc
?

>manga

Are you being intentionally obtuse or just retarded?