ITT: Scenes that require knowledge of Japanese culture to understand

I didn't get this scene until I found out that in Japan, they believe that blood types influence your personality type, kind of like zodiac signs. I also finally understood why so many supplementary material databooks felt the need to say what the blood types of characters were, always felt odd to me.

Attached: Kabuto blood type.png (540x810, 255.01K)

Kill yourself narutard

Dont have a specific example but Detective Conan for sure. Im a big mystery nerd and not to be a huge cunt or anything but Im generally pretty good at figuring out the mysteries of most things I watch... But so much of Detective Conan's clues and theming for mysteries revolves around puns about Japan or are just generally related to Japanese culture. I know it isnt made for my audience and I wouldnt want it to change, just feels like im going to miss a lot of shit along the way

Apparently all of them according to people who actually know Japanese

>I also finally understood why so many supplementary material databooks felt the need to say what the blood types of characters were, always felt odd to me.
it's a weirdly common thing

Attached: vital stats.jpg (566x444, 58.89K)

Japanese cicadas are only around during the summer, so the fact that you hear them all year long in Neon Genesis Evangelion is supposed to be a sign of how Second Impact caused climate change.

I recall this one mystery that revolved around the victim writing the killer's name. Then somebody close to the killer changed the kanji a little with one stroke so that it would implicate someone else, and then the innocent person being implicated it saw it too and also changed it to implicate someone else. The slight modifications to the kanji that completely change the meaning of a message just doesn't work in English.

How did it get localized?

And the thing is I think thats really cool, but unfortunately its either impossible for me to appreciate or doesnt translate at all because English doesnt have as many intricacies or little interactions like that

>Earth
>Take horizontal stoke out of the t, remove the h
>"Its not the earth who killed her, it was the earl!"

I feel like you don't have to get japanese culture necessarily for this. Even we don't have yearly cicadas we still do have bugs that come out only in the summer and are noisy as fuck. That concept isn't lost

This thing. I only know the reference from h-doujin.

Attached: image.png (2490x1200, 3.78M)

Attached: 37e22f69-9400-4610-83ec-fe3d946a3678.png (1114x1600, 1.72M)

We have grasshoppers where I live and they make a fuckton of noise. But since they're bugs they only come out when it's warm.

You don't need to be familiar with cicadas to get that bug noise = hot.

I don't get these, so they must be good examples. What's the reference?

Attached: 125.png (1361x2000, 992.34K)

The other one is about how Japanese parent teach their kids the virtue of sharing. But in the pic that the user posted, the dad ripped his daughter artwork in an effort to show her how to share. Unknowingly dooming his daughter to aspiration to become an artist and forcing her to conform to the standard life path of becoming an office worker

For a while I thought the way that students were excessively submissive and deferential to their upperclassmen was odd, since in my country nobody gives a fuck. I eventually realized just how pervasive Japan's senpai culture and worship of seniority was, if anything Anime actually tones it down.

>Unknowingly dooming his daughter to aspiration to become an artist and forcing her to conform to the standard life path of becoming an office worker
Well that's quite grim, yet somehow silly at the same time.

Attached: 1458696697319.jpg (1344x1910, 954.29K)

Attached: index.png (1280x720, 400.09K)

Why is the N in moon backwards?... How does that even fucking happen?

Man on a sidenote. Sai was such a cool character. I wished they utilized him better.

Kek, never noticed this before

>unfortunately
you mean thankfully we don't have as many intricacies or little interactions like that, right?