Star Driver

It's summer. Is your galaxy still shining?

Attached: summer.png (1280x720, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I08dllRhtTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Modern Any Forums doesn't know about Fabulous Gundam, unfortunately.

youtube.com/watch?v=I08dllRhtTU

Smells like fish.

Best Maiden.
Best Song.

Attached: 1309489630324.jpg (1920x1080, 281.05K)

>you will never Star Driver Sunday again

I should give this another try. Something about the first episode turned me off when I tried it years ago.

dogshit fucking anime, it really had no fucking reason to be a 2-cour anime because there's barely any story in it, just episodic anime about the MC meeting some friends who end up becoming his enemy, and suddenly breakdance time i mean mecha battle time where MC's mecha keeps finding new power to defeat the anime + seizure-inducing lighting effect. it gets on and on and on and on and on and on until like last 2 episodes with the most underwhelming boss battle there is.
this anime somehow was just the start of many bones' horrid decision making on making strings of dogshit mecha anime on early 2010s with the making of eureka seven AO and the most putrid shit there is which is captain earth, that's when they realized they no longer had the talent to pump out quality mecha anime anymore, unlike stuffs they did a decade prior like rahxephon and eureka seven.

KIRABOSHI

KIRABOSHI!

Attached: Toori Aoi.jpg (480x284, 25.92K)

It's really sad that they don't. Too many zoomers taking SSRIs and don't know what it means to have their galaxy shine.
Shame we can never watch that scene for the first time again.

Attached: 1286137855476.gif (210x118, 2.05M)

>just episodic anime about the MC meeting some friends who end up becoming his enemy, and suddenly breakdance time
You say this like this is a bad thing.

Attached: 1298178006160.jpg (3927x2885, 2.36M)

star driver was pretty bad, like the middle 70% of the show didn't make any sense and didn't progress any plot points or character arcs and every episode had the same shitty stock footage

Attached: are you a cybody.jpg (1280x720, 56.71K)

even in the last fucking episode

Attached: where have i seen THIS before.jpg (1280x720, 104.58K)

you could cut down the whole thing into 6-episodes OVA format and there wouldn't be many changes on the actual plot itself

The whole point of the show was to give you small snippets of plot and for you to put it together on your own. If you didn't figure it out, then they explained everything to you near the end. It's a monster of the week show with a small slice of actual plot. Very enjoyable for what it was.

10 years later and I still remember the song without looking it up
>maaauyuki wa~ hoshi no kagera~
the first episode is so kino

remember the lesbian who appeared for her story arc then sailed away on a boat for no good reason?

honestly if you don't like it from episode 1 you probably won't ever come around to it.

A story is more than its "plot". I wish plotfags would go away.

Attached: Keito Nichi - Ivrogne.jpg (2420x1566, 204.45K)

You're right but I couldn't appreciate Star Driver if it were that short. The SoL really paid off for me throughout the series as people came around to Takuto's side because of what a swell guy he was. Every little side character had a lot going on in general.

Wako a slut.

I started rewatching this. It’s one of my favorite anime ever and watching it with Any Forums was so much fun.

What? That would ruin it. A big part of the show is seeing how these different friend trios function through the slice of life moments. Focusing on just the cybody plot would make the show feel very empty.

I miss the Star Driver threads. Those threads are I think the last time that I truly had fun on Any Forums. Well Star Driver, Madoka, and Penguindrum threads, since they were all around the same time.

This. I can't imagine enjoying the show without all the slice of life episodes (same with Utena). I enjoyed the juxtaposition of the school life with the Zerotime battles, and I can't imagine they'd be able to sell the theme of having your galaxy shine and enjoying the moment you're in if the show was just 6 episodes and extremely plot centric.

Attached: 1286737058922.gif (560x315, 491.88K)

i don't remember how it ended at this point

Attached: Kanako Watanabe - The President.jpg (1440x1920, 162.37K)