Redline

We'll never get anything like this again.

Attached: MV5BNDA1ODI3MTcyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkyODYwNw@@._V1_.jpg (665x940, 119.28K)

Be not sad it won't be. Be happy it has been.
Jokes aside, hand-drawn animation is now a thing of the past. All art forms eventually become a thing of the past, since they are ultimately a saturation of the times they were produced in. The guys who lived in the fifties would never have imagined it would get this far. No doubt there are some people who wanted to see how good it gets and didn't survive long enough. You're not one of them: congrats. You're one of the first people who gets to see it all 'how it used to be'.

so long slightly over average or just good manga are made there is atleast a chance of a good adaptation there . but an anime or movie only thing dedicated to its craft id say is hard pressed to ever come out of the woodwork again .

that in itself is not terrible tho because we got to experience the highs in this movie and appreciated them .

7 HAND DRAWN YEARS

Probably not, it was a passion project and nearly bankrupted Madhouse.

That's a good thing.

DIRECTED BY TAKESHI KOIKE

“They’re disrespecting me with technology that should have only existed in theory? Unacceptable!!!”
This line is hilarious to me. Just the absolute sincerity with how it’s delivered made me almost have a hernia

7 YEARS OF MEMES

Terrible movie

you have to go back.

Attached: 1578804246136.gif (400x292, 2.59M)

Go back where?

to the pit

This movie made me really want a pompadour.
JP's pompadour is just too cool.

Attached: sweet jp.png (1119x1120, 1.62M)

Attached: powermove.webm (640x360, 1.07M)

The Pompadour is a hairstyle only worn by truest of men

Thank god, cause movie is a disappointment for most part, but atleast it had few kino scenes like following

People do still make hand drawn animation, they're just doing on their ipads, not paper.

What I don’t understand is why put in so much work for an anime like this rather than one that’s more assured to have mass appeal.

>cars and explosions don't have mass appeal
I guess this world is turning pretty gay

>He will never understand the joy of being able to produce a work that he was well and truly passionate about
Lad...

you'd think they way people talked about redline modern animation is done with wireframes
WEIRD RIGHT?!

The "congratulations" feels a little hollow when you don't enjoy what is to follow. I cannot appreciate 3D animation like I can with 2D.

because they wouldn't be as passionate about such a mass market project, defeating the whole point.