Manga Thread

Let's talk. What are you reading? One-shots? Expectation? Favourite series? Rising mangaka? Print vs digital publication? Traditional vs digital production, or hybrid? Magazine circulation? Sales?

Attached: U19.jpg (572x380, 175.42K)

The last few chapters of Dandadan have been so good that I'm actually missing it today, been a while since I liked a manga enough to have a circadian rhythm for the serialization

whoa slow down user thats alotta questions for a first date.

>Reading
a good few things, a mix of things im catching up on and things still ongoing waiting for volume on.
Witch Hat Atelier, No Guns Life, Shibuya Goldfish, Gleipnir, Drifting Dragons, MachiMoho, Admiring Magical Girls, Mashle, Deadmount Deathplay, Hells Paradise(this ones constantly blocked me with issues getting volumes), and just read the first volume of Colorless which was pretty good honestly.
>Favorite
hard one. Ajin was great, but out of what im reading right now probably Witch Hat Atelier. Machimoho, Mashle, and Deadmount Deathplay all come in close for the title too though.
>print or digital?
Print. really dislike digital, just not how i like to read things, on top of other issues i have with digital copies of things.

i dont care or know anything about the other questions really, im not sure i even know the author of any of the things i read. i just dont care. the work is good or its bad, thats all i really care about.

I thought it was cancelled but the mangaka actually just went through pregnancy.

Attached: 91gDPvR0zNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1055x1500, 256.89K)

I'm reading a lot of things, most of them there's nothing much to talk about.
The series from the pic related, even being isekai it looked interesting and even new chapters were released past week. But i must admit that i found it tiresome, reading feels almost like a chore, i got this same feeling when i tried to read Black Lagoon again. I don't want others to not read it, just had to take it off my chest.
Now my favorite reads these days are: The Fable, Super no Ura de Yani Suu Hanashi, Saihate no Paladin and Murazukuri Game no NPC ga Namami no Ningen to Shika Omoe Nai.

Attached: darkest dungeon.jpg (1687x2400, 1.26M)

They don't make manga like Sukeban Deka or heroine like Saki anymore.

Attached: 9632e84a-0c28-4c4e-a553-3263c5b22a2b.png (1600x1200, 442.99K)

Oh perfect, I wasn't sure if I'd find a question to ask this in, what should I read first Vinland Saga or Vagabond
I know next to nothing about either just that the art looks cool and I need something to fill a Berserk shaped hole in my soul.
>What are you reading?
Nothing, Berserk was the only thing I was (re)reading but lost motivation for that when Miura died.
>Print vs digital publication?
Obviously print is superior, but digital is way more convenient. Used to take my school lunch money, only buy minimal food and spend the rest of it for shitty manga at the local bookstore as a kid

Start with Vinland and read until farm saga, then Vagabond and finish reading the rest of Vinland.

Magilumiere so far has done a pretty solid job in keeping me interest with its new release. I like how it's a stealth OL story with mahou shoujo as the disguise. Strongly felt like it's aiming for wagie demographics.

Attached: 9784088831336.jpg (842x1200, 371.9K)

VOLUME SIX SOON MAGUSBRO

Attached: FUurVYFVEAAZbX1.jpg (3005x215, 240.5K)

These short 1-2 pages manga from unkown authors are pretty amusing, i'm a bit addicted.

Noragami. On chapter 45 and I gotta say it's definitely one of the more complex shonen. Honestly feels like a seinen more than a shonen when I'm reading it cause of the themes and general tone of the manga. Also one of the craziest father son twists I've read and I'm not even at the good shit yet the beginning setup and twists are just down right amazing

Attached: 043.jpg (800x1185, 260.08K)

>What are you reading?
>One-shots
Fujimoto's latest one-shot
>Favourite series
Fujimoto's chainsaw man
>Rising mangaka
Fujimoto
>Rest
Whatever Fujimoto is using.

Attached: come_at_me.jpg (884x740, 125.71K)

I don’t even know. Currently im still reading
>heat
>okaeri Alice
>the fable
There’s this one last manga about this girl and this guy making a pact where she is allowed to bite him. Some rom stuff but i forgot the name.

>currently reading
Vagabond, Vol 4. Having studied both Musashi (Book of Five Rings "Gorin no Sho" ) and Yagyu (Way of the Living Sword "Heiho Kadensho") its pretty neat seeing how the mangaka illustrates thier styles. Cant wait to see Kojiro.
>favorite series
Blame, Cromartie is second
>did you mean ongoing series?
No Guns Life. if you think about it, Juzo is a: Terminator Terminator Terminator. ha ha ha.
>up and coming
Fujimoto is doing well, but I think Cool is setting multimedia profitability records.
>print or digital
Print 100%. Without a production cost, they can make any trash popular enough to be profitable with advertising, then the quality goes straight downhill.
>Production
I respect anyone who has a successful. hybrid production, Gantz is a standout to me for just this. But all the classics and almost anything worth the time is hand drawn. It really does show.

I get most of my manga secondhand, after its been out for a few years, or some old volumes people trade in. I make sure to browse the stacks at the local bookstores and comic shops regularly, and take note if whats moving. When things tend to have Volume 1 out of stock, thats a good sign.
Im still an EOP, maybe if my work schedule relents I can put something like "Learn Japanese" on my plate, or maybe pick up jujitsu again.

based ajin chad

Attached: Sato conter.png (780x729, 579.59K)

>Cool
From my perspective he's just reaping his success now with the solid foundation that he had laid back when he was a webmanga freelancer years ago. He's not a really no name when the western started to recognize him. Heck when Kobayashi first season aired he is contributing a bit towards a H-game development that became hit.

Recently read Color/less because it was in my backlog.
Quite the fun series. Good action, great art. A neat use of color throughout as well. Not just constrained to specific color pages in most parts. The characters are pretty good so far too.
All around a very competent sci-fi action series. I enjoyed my time with it.

Attached: 1644792425164.jpg (3375x2405, 3.64M)

Oooh, Sukeban Deka has been on my docket for a while.
Is it good?

i liked it too, but is it bad i kinda liked the bird face more than the girls real face?

I liked it too.

The bird face, that is.

It's pretty solid and really reflect the time when it was produced.

Attached: 3b352a6f-d4f8-4287-a94f-4105b91e5b5f.png (800x1200, 320.77K)