What do you think about this?

In my Quest to finally watch all Ghibli movies and create a thread ( did one for arietty, watched spirited away, pony afterwards but forgot to create a thread) I watched this movie again. This time with German dub. And it was great. Good characters, comfy as fuck locations, good directing and satisfying end.

What I did forget is how fucking brutal it is. Arms that are torn off, Heads that are flying and the worst of all are the moments of the humans disguised as boars.That shit was horror movie material.

what do you think about it Any Forums ? Goal is watching Kiki next again with German dub.

Attached: 51-7S5AHoQL.jpg (354x500, 51.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t6V5ROXu0BQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It’s ok, would slot in somewhere in the middle of all the ghiblies for me. I like eboshi but san/ashitaka are pretty dull and in true miyazaki fashion the last 20 minutes are really stupid.
>Kiki
Far superior in every way, though german is an ugly language and will probably ruin her cuteness

Meh. Really heavy handed.

I liked the sequel more to be honest

>and in true miyazaki fashion the last 20 minutes are really stupid.
honestly user this was my impression back then, but rewatching it I do disagree. It actually made sense.
>they killed the deer mode of the forest god
>forest god went full Evangelion mode with killing everything and wrath on humans
>got his head back by the chosen human that wants peace
>turns everything back to normal, but is still dead.

>Far superior in every way, though german is an ugly language and will probably ruin her cuteness
I watched Kiki in Japanese dub back then, I just find myself recently enjoying watching Ghibli (and belle) movies in native dub.
youtube.com/watch?v=t6V5ROXu0BQ
here is Kikis German voice.

sequel?

Top tier Ghibli for sure probably not gonna find anything better unless something appeals to you specifically, in my case this would be second to The Wind Rises, but otherwise great. Kinda just took what nausica had thematically and did it better.
Kiki should be fun, its very difficult to dislike it I would say its like middle top for me.

why german dub?

Easily the best Ghibli movie and in the top 10 anime movies of all time. Anyone who prefers slice of nothing happens with little kids over a dark action adventure fantasy with nature vs humanity themes is a retard.

I enjoyed it but I thought it was fucked up Jigo got away with what he did. At least Eboshi lost her arm

I liked kiki a lot, I'm a mahoshojo fag. But mononoke hime is so good. So fucking good. The user saying kiki is better has some very intense case of retardation. Possibly brain worms. Many such cases /here/
In conclussion mononoke hime is one of those perfect films.

Ruined just as I said, I’ll never forgive germany
>239235725
you’ll understand slice of life when you’re older edge-kun

After Kiki I will go with, earthsea / howls moving castle, poppy hill. (already watched them but this time in German dub)

A little bit long so bear with me. Since I was a teen I watched animu always in subs. I always knew that sub > German dub. Even now I can still easily say that some emotional moments are definitely done better in sub. But I watched the Miyazaki documentary about ponyo halfway. And that guy gave like many emphasis on how ponyo hugs the boy tightly, how the colors of the fish tsunami was done. In subs you can sometimes miss those. You read and the frame can be gone, sure this sounds autistic but it can happen. Also I feel like I start reading instead of watching. Sometimes subs spoil shit, which also is annoying.
After that I gave spirited away a shot and was amazed how much I liked it. Gave Belle a shot and it was great, gave monoke a shot and it was great. I still am anxious about Ghibli movies I never watched watching it with German dub at first. Wanna give your name also a shot.

tl;dr: I wanted to concentrate fully on the frames, better understand the story and what characters say. Gave some movies a shot and was pleasantly surprised.

oh and I forgot to add
sometimes background voices are not subbed at all, with dub you don't have this problem. Also I don't care much about Japanese music I can't understand (see belle). I do think that English dub, especially with spirited away is better than German.

I still like that the voice is more hq compared to the Japanese dub.

Haven't watched ir

I loved it and always have, probably my all-around favourite Ghibli honestly. Definitely my favourite soundtrack. The scene at the beginning where Ashitaka leaves and is riding with the vista behind him and the theme hits makes me cry without fail, its just really fantastic.

Kaguya-hime no Monogatari is the best Ghibli movie by far.

I agree with Roger Ebert, it's like Star Wars but good.

Mostly good, too much hippy gaia shit though

I'm on the same path you are. But I wouldn't wast time watching dubs now

Extremely overrated. Kinda boring.

>the moments of the humans disguised as boars
God that shit creeped me out so much. I kind of wish Ashitaka had killed one of them just to make them seem less scary.

Attached: 1343805400754.jpg (704x396, 47.2K)