Are you making a manga?
Have you ever tried to make a manga?
How did it go?

Attached: file.png (900x600, 567.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/MakingComics-StorytellingSecretsOfComics/mode/2up
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I cannot make a manga because I am not Nipponese

Attached: 1618112372153.png (771x760, 177.69K)

I lack any kind of talent.

>Are you making a manga?
no
>Have you ever tried to make a manga?
yes
>How did it go?
Poorly. Drawing is difficult, but telling a good story is even harder.

Webcomic
Got 100k views and someone purchased the license for it, would recieve money on merc next year

We have plans to make another

i have all those equipment in the picture, i just can't draw haha

cool story bro

I'm trying to make a doujin with Chino and Hackadoll just for fun.

Attached: Page 24.png (1496x2127, 1.22M)

I could say i made a number of Dragon Ball doujinshi

No. But I downloaded all the Loomis books hoping to learn anatomy. Turns out it's much harder than it looks. I think I'm just retarded. No way I'm that bad at drawing. I was actually good at it as a kid. Maybe I banged my head.

I've tried but whenever I share my art with anyone, anywhere, people just shut up completely. Like, they won't even tell me it's shit, or laugh, or cringe, or anything, they just glitch out, act like they saw nothing, and change the topic. I think I'm cursed. And no, I won't post anything because the thread will just die.

Fuck off to your containment boards

In the past I think I would've held a similar stance, but now I don't think manga is what it is simply for being made by Japanese hands.
I think that is severely down-playing the actual technical differences it has from other styles of comic-making.

I started reading Scott McCloud's Making Comics, it's a more general book on comics, but he has a few really interesting observations of manga in there that show the technical differences between it and western comics.
And outside of just making comics it's a really great book for learning how to get a deeper understanding of them.
archive.org/details/MakingComics-StorytellingSecretsOfComics/mode/2up

nice, wanna share?

practice user!

Attached: file.png (744x1053, 685.64K)

Keep at it, bros.
I needed only 1 year to become confident in my skills

Attached: mm.png (686x476, 103.89K)

Didn't know about those, but I don't see the problem with having a thread like this on Any Forums. it's on topic.
We have drawthreads here as well.

Working on trying to get something started with a friend doing art since drawing comics is something they've wanted to do for a long time. It's just a matter of scheduling and finding the right idea. I had one that was fairly far along but I might try for something else a little bit shorter or easier too.

I have no clue where to post it

Pixiv, Twitter, Tumblr, Webtoon, or your own website.

Quantum Festival

Sorry, it was actually still at 80k views

Yes way back years ago. Won third place in a contest. One thing that I realized was you need to practice storyboarding a lot rather than worrying about your art if you want to produce a quality manga/comic.

all of you are making comics, not manga.

Not my kinda thing, but it looks alright.

I'm constantly getting ideas and then I see other people execute similar ideas better than I was going to and want to scrap it. It's also frustrating to have an image you've convinced yourself is beautiful in your mind that you don't have the skills to properly communicate. I have tried to study but the better I get the more beautiful the image in my head becomes and the goal is pushed even further. I also don't think I have the patience for it. I made a little one when there was that big joke manga craze on Any Forums like two years ago which was fun at least

I’m a stinky gaijin, I don’t think I’m allowed to

funny I have exact opposite, I see other people doing an Idea I want to do but execute it craply, but now since I saw it I get self conscious people might think I'm copying so I scrape it

I reached a point where I largely just stopped caring what other people are doing insomuch as comparing myself. I do have certain stories or authors whose works greatly inspire me though. Makoto Ojiro and Takuma Yokoto are the big ones. But I can only write.