Is Black Clover good? What makes it stand out compared to other shonen?

Is Black Clover good? What makes it stand out compared to other shonen?

Attached: 91KFL+WcX1L.jpg (1704x2560, 629.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xcZKVPmgxVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. Nothing.

Yes everything

Just spank it to Noelle.

It was good. It became garbage to the point the mangaka was forced to start the last arc after the utter failure of the 100+ spade saga.
>What makes it stand out compared to other shonen?
What it made stand out for other battle shonen was a decent execution, decent teamwork fights, good use tropes and a very very good main heroine.

Yes. Masterfull execution of classic tropes, without really overstaying their welcome. Team fights actually matter and even side characters get their spotlight (see Magna vs Dante).

No it’s not good. Nothing makes it stand out, it poorly executes shonen tropes for a mediocre plot.

>Is Black Clover good?
No, read real shonen for adults already you goddamn manchild

Attached: ufhj987zhw7hj8zu9fwhg9fehw.jpg (1330x1010, 503.89K)

It's really good, like legit good but it doesn't really have anything that makes it stand out. The ideas and concepts are never really avant-garde, weird or ambitious, Tabata plays that stuff safe but Black Clover unironically has nice designs for the most part, awesome art when it comes to magic spells and buildings, so the illustration is outstanding I guess, you could check it out for that.
The characters are bland, yeah but the story is more interesting than the characters.

Bc has to be doing something right if it can be so cliche and last this long

nothing, which is why it's the biggest flop of the new generation

the artwork is some of the best in jump atm. also there were some plot twists that werent your standard shonen. its honestly better than MHA. like fairy tail if it was actually good.

No.
Nothing, that is the point.

I hope he finishes it well instead of letting it go for 5000 chapters, an okay end arc after the 3 month hiatus for an okay shounen.

It has the same thing that made FMA interesting - the whole "isekai parallel world vibe" without the JRPG isekai cringe.
Like, BC's world feels very attractive and enticing, I'm not talking about development but rather about presentation.

youtube.com/watch?v=xcZKVPmgxVM

If you really love Shonen then you'll enjoy Black Clover. At the beginning, I thought it was complete shit but it slowly turned into one of my favorite manga.

It has good teamfights, a nice cast of characters and each gets their time to shine. On top of that the plot isn't all that bad overall and has some good twists.
You could say the black bulls get sidelined for other characters just like Naruto's former classmates get sidelined, but at least that panel time isn't solely given Asta and Yuno, but other recurring characters.

artificial shonen

I miss old times when shonen used to grow in nature.

It`s ok, it got better, the world (worldbuilding isn`t good) is good and the powers are better than any shonen because it`s magic (its also underdeveloped)
The author is bad at doing drama and drama sells (snk plus whites loooove drama and gore)
chainsaw is stupid and cringe (hurr chainsaws or guns) but it has some good ideas

>Is Black Clover good?
Yes.
Nothing, that's why it's good.

I've never even once read a single chapter of Black Clover but I do remember the time pic related was revealed and everyone shat on it

Attached: black-clover-asta-devil-union-form-spoilers-1256753.jpg (616x628, 63.58K)

It's Fairy Tale levels of generic tropes.
>Power of friendship
>asspull powerups
>the mythical nihonjin macho man from totally not japan
>the kenpachi character but much worse
>Muh hidden powers
>MC is basically naruto but with less angst
>Zero world building. there are nations named after cards, there is magic and there is a underworld. That's it.
>stole liberally from all popular shonens and it's not subtle.

Series is trash, you could only enjoy it if it is one of the first battle shonen you've read. Only redeeming factor is that the MC, despite being a manlet, is not all about his feelings and is all about personal growth, even though his power is also hidden destined super power friendship tripe.