Starts off as a smart, satirical parody critiquing shitty generic high school romcoms

>starts off as a smart, satirical parody critiquing shitty generic high school romcoms
>eventually becomes a shitty generic high school romcom
What did they mean by this

Attached: 1633782218202.jpg (1280x720, 88.87K)

This is why you should never trust a LN writer. Usually they're failed males writing their fanfiction in the laziest way possible. The can't be considered real writers.

Stop being a loner, become a normie.

this, but with kaguya

it was never smart
it was as generic as they come

yuckyno a shit

I only liked this show's first season.

Satire either gets its message across and goes away when it should, or hangs around too long and becomes what it's satirizing.

The first season was really boring though.

>MC never improves himself, he just learns how to not be so retarded to humiliate himself
>Every girl loses all self respect and becomes unable to anything without handholding from the male MC
>All adults respect MC regardless of how small is what he is doing, some of them may actually have interested in him
>Every single other male in the series, turns into a pussy who needs to keep talking to himself how he isn't as good as MC is
>With the exception of the MC's relationship, every single other one is superficial in nature, everyone is either dishonest or is just playing along
It really ended becoming the glorification of the loser, everything in the series was constructed so the reader would feel justified.

>starts off as a smart, satirical parody
lol
lmao

>everything in the series was constructed so the reader would feel justified.
The average light novel. I fucking hate Japs sometimes

>DUDE I HAVE TO DO THIS PROM B-BECAUSE I JUST HAVE TO OKAY?

>Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, daß er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird.
>Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.
>t. Iroha Isshiki 2015

Attached: 1630642212015.jpg (640x360, 46.01K)

>smart
It's just a vain monogatari ripoff minus literally any of the things that actually made it interesting

There’s nothing in this series that’s even remotely close to monogatari. The fuck are you talking about? It’s just a generic romcom that’s slightly self aware.

It had every element of a generic romcom from the very start. Your fault for seeing it as anything more than that.

The show matured.

Attached: 1600758646740.jpg (1280x1227, 219.8K)

Monogatari was never that good either, let's not kid ourselves here

>Starts off as generic wishfullfilment romcom
>Eventually becomes well written character study with realistic characters and interactions

>MC never improves himself, he just learns how to not be so retarded to humiliate himself

Isn't that improvement in itself though? Also he kind of mellowed out in the end compared to what he was at the start.

>Every single other male in the series, turns into a pussy who needs to keep talking to himself how he isn't as good as MC is

It's literally just the blonde popular guy.

>With the exception of the MC's relationship, every single other one is superficial in nature, everyone is either dishonest or is just playing along

That's only really for the popular kids' clique though. I feel like you speedwatched this shit even more than I did, and I skipped entire episodes because the drama is just too unbearable sometimes.

It matured into ripe trash

the fate of all parodies that stretch past film size

It has fanservice and fast "witty" dialogue. Also it's pretty old. All of that makes it good somehow and not like the rest.

>Smart
I can't believe there are people who actually read 8mans beginning monologues and unironically agree with him and think he's being smart, when it's clearly meant to poke fun at people like that.

I enjoyed all three seasons (teacher is best girl) but I didn't like that he lost his green hair after season 1.

>generalizing and exaggerating this much to try and make a point
Didn’t really like the series either, but that’s very dishonest of you. Also the MC did improve, just probably not in the way you wanted him to.

>Isn't that improvement in itself though? Also he kind of mellowed out in the end compared to what he was at the start.
He still is the same loser, he just lost the atittude, that pretty much it
>It's literally just the blonde popular guy.
He is just the worst offender
>That's only really for the popular kids' clique though. I feel like you speedwatched this shit even more than I did, and I skipped entire episodes because the drama is just too unbearable sometimes.
There are the people from the other school, main girl's family and even his nerd friends, only MC is allowed to have genuine emotions.

why was he such a simp for this bitch? I mean it did pay off since she’s probably sucking his dick on a daily basis now, but still

Yes user, he magically improved so much when he does nothing to get close to other people and the only reason he does is because literally everyone asks him to solve their problems.

>starts off as a smart, satirical parody critiquing shitty generic high school romcoms
picture not related

i don't think it was ever meant to be a parody of harem romcoms
That's where you guys always fuck up in your criticisms you don't realize most harem and love triangle authors, like harems and love triangles.

The only thing the series really satirized was harem MCs but it never treated the idea of a harem or love triangles as a joke.