I guess Shikimori was just a cutie after all

I guess Shikimori was just a cutie after all.

How did they mess this up so bad?

Attached: Kawaii-Dake-Ja-Nai-Shikimori-san-GQCA-cp.jpg (800x450, 233.22K)

I guess her competitors (kaguya, SxF) were too tough

Faggot male lead is what turned me off

Not every bad source material can be improved

Should have stayed as a twitter comic with 5 page chapters

Kamiya one ups her in every scene they share.

I don't drop shows often, but this one was just too boring.

it came right after Marin. Every possible waifu is obscured by Marin. Marin is the pinnacle of waifuism

This show would have been fine if the MC had at least ONE redeeming quality.

Attached: Shikimoris-Not-Just-a-Cutie-kv-2.jpg (1400x1985, 144.27K)

His redeeming quality is being a nice guy

So you haremfags care about the dude, like really ? Isn't he supposed to be the most bland and plain character possible so incels can self insert ?

A blank slate is preferable. Izumi is so demure and feminine that it's off-putting

>projecting this hard
I'm not a haremfaggot and neither do i like wet blanket male self inserts
A male lead being interesting is integral for success of any romance story

OK I'm not going to bother watching past the third episode, so fill me in, what is the backstory? why are they in a relationship? The op has a montage of Shikimori defending Izumi, Izumi with a bandage on his cheek, Izumi confessing and Shikimori losing her shit. In no world does that lead unconditional love and protective services.

Is it blackmail? Otherwise I just don't get how the onions poster child found himself in this situation

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 9.09.47 AM.jpg (1096x705, 115.6K)

His redeeming quality is being a normalfag right down to the bone.
Second user has the right of it. A male MC is crucial to success. It just so happens that faggots typically forget that 99% of romcoms are just copy-pastes of the same characters and dramas. Izumi shouldn't stand out, but he does and retards like try to rationalize it in stupid ways. Izumi's appearance and mannerisms are irrelevant. No different from the protagonists of old. A genuine point against is how the story tries to undermine his competence with bad luck, but even that isn't so consistent and he's genuinely succeeded at points. No, this has nothing to do with femininity. The problem is that there is no tension or conflict. Izumi is a normalfag who is able to articulate himself and speak to both genders without spilling his spaghetti, so there's no drama or miscommunication that faggots claim to hate but read this shitty genre for anyway. This isn't that type of show, evidenced by even Kamiya not going the NTR or love triangle route. They just talked shit out and moved on in one episode. People would have sung a completely different tune if Shikimori and Izumi weren't going out from the beginning.

the mc in this anime is too beta. everytime i self insert it hurts my ego.

cute

Attached: 1651344699279.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

They might be copy-pastes but they aren't charisma vacuums like Izumi

>They might be copy-pastes but they aren't charisma vacuums
Yes, they are.
Romcom MCs are generic shits whose traits amount to:
>I'm a nice guy
on average, with the occasional
>I'm a pervert
but even that has died down as of late, and replaced with low-testosterone autism where they can't even fuck talk to the girl like a normal person. Who are you fooling? This kind of rationalization is exactly the retarded angle I was talking about. You have to blatantly lie to avoid the actual problem - you have no avenue to self-insert into an MC that already reached "the goal" so there is nothing to look forward to in this show or anything to get excited about.

the memes, user. the people set themselves up for dissapointment

I don't understand why you are doing so much mental gymnastics to explain why I dislike Izumi's personality. I don't have enough rom-coms under my belt to do a genre study like you seem to be attempting, but I've never come across such an unlikable herbivore of a MC. Why is that so offensive to you?